Jon4Lakers First Impressions Video

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I like the phone, but the lack of Adobe Flash is a major concern. If Adobe doesn't come out with a version for ICS, then I will pass on it and get the Rezound instead.

And it's looking like they won't.:'(

The Rezound has a better camera anyway......:cool:

Josh515

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Considering it will get all the updates right away and will get every one, I say it is "futureproof". Look, I'm definitely getting the Galaxy Nexus because I'm so tired of chasing the next big thing, I've been doing it since the beginning of 2011 and I'm not starting off 2012 the same way. Galaxy Nexus is a safe bet because I won't be left wondering when or if I'll get the next update (without rooting). Also, I really do like the phone and feel it's perfect for me!

Josh515

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I like the phone, but the lack of Adobe Flash is a major concern. If Adobe doesn't come out with a version for ICS, then I will pass on it and get the Rezound instead.

And it's looking like they won't.:'(

The Rezound has a better camera anyway......:cool:

Google confirmed that Adobe would release one more version of flash optimized for ICS, and they would continue to release minor security fixes for the current versions. Hopefully it happens soon!

Reactions: Tom S.

Neon01

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I saw this video last night over on phandroid. I definitely agree with him on the button placement. It's an issue I've griped about with my Sprint Epic 4G (Galaxy S) for over a year now. Still, with all that experience, I've gotten accustomed to holding it so that I don't inadvertently hit the volume rocker.

I think most of his other "cons" seem pretty fair, too, but most of them don't seem like they are priorities for me except the battery life. Only way to really decide on that one is to buy the phone and use it daily.

Overall though, I'm definitely much less enthusiastic about this phone than I was 2 weeks prior to its release.

kharrigan

Now using God's Phone
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So... he praised the screen and ICS's UI. He then bashed the volume rocker placement, size, amount of configuration required, build quality, perceived speed, battery drain and lack of flash. M'kay.

The screen and UI are to be praised. On that, most will agree. As to the negatives:

* The placement of the volume rocker and phone size - I'm sure that most will adjust how they hold the phone. Kills two birds...
* Amount of config required - Google's features are vast. Fortunately, this is done only once or twice...
* Build quality - Cheaper manufacturing means more affordable price. If the phone is in a case and screen protector, does this really matter?
* On perceived speed, battery drain, and lack of Flash - the OS is NEW! As it's optimized, things should get slightly faster, the battery should drain less, and Flash will be available. One more thing for the battery- is anyone really surprised on the battery drain? There's a BIG screen and multi-processing... and a thin form-factor. I'm not surprised by the short battery life.

I wonder how people would react to having the option of tripling the thickness of the phone to triple the battery life... would they buy it? I'd bet that no one would buy it.

At the end, I'm not surprised by this review. The volume rocker location is good insight, but really, is a new phone really going to surprise anyone anymore???

Reactions: Tom S.