Screen Protector Recommendations?

Aguaski

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I put a Skinomi on my GN on release day. It was okay, but last week I replaced it with Ghost-Armor. I found the Skinomi attracted a lot of finger print oil and I had some orange peel look. I did like the Skinomi price point. Not ready to endorse Ghost-Armor just yet because I think it takes time to prove out a screen protector. I had the Skinomi for most of a month and in the end I thought I could do better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nirvana328

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I used a couple of different options on my DInc when I first had it. Although the Zagg and Ghost were both nice, I prefer the feel of a naked screen. I've never had scratches and I keep my phone in the same pocket as my keys.

Steve in CT

j c m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I have SGP Super Oleo on mine and love it. Can't tell it's there and feels just like glass screen. Only potential downside is that it doesn't cover the entire screen, but that doesn't bother me in the least. Also, was very easy to install without a single bubble or flaw.

code85

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
After having the Skinomi on for a week there's only one flaw that I really don't like.

If you run your finger nail onto the screen it'll create a track/indent that won't smooth out, so now my screen is full of these tracks from accidental grazing of the screen.. I brought up the issue to Skinomi and they are sending me a replacement.

I believe the material is too soft? how is Ghost Armor in terms of this "track/indent" issue?

bigcatman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
After having the Skinomi on for a week there's only one flaw that I really don't like.

If you run your finger nail onto the screen it'll create a track/indent that won't smooth out, so now my screen is full of these tracks from accidental grazing of the screen.. I brought up the issue to Skinomi and they are sending me a replacement.

I believe the material is too soft? how is Ghost Armor in terms of this "track/indent" issue?

This is also my only complaint, it scratches way too easy. Although I haven't had any scratches yet on my gnex one, my Rezound one had tons of scratches. I don't have long fingernails so I can't say I've experienced your issue. I always use the pad of my thumb or the corner below my nail.

Nirvana328

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

My problem with the Ghost armor was that there were no skins available that had a clear back. The GN already has a carbon fiber back cover that I think looks good, so I didn't see the point in covering it with a tacky (imo) carbon fiber skin.

Does anyone know of any skins that cover the entire phone surface with a clear skin that is as high quality as Ghost Armor? The only one I could find was Skinomi. Most reviews in the forums say it's a great skin and until now no one mentioned that it was easy to leave a mark in the skin with your nail. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699