Where to Buy Galaxy Nexus for AT&T?

mankyd

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Where should one buy an unlocked Galaxy Nexus for AT&T? My understanding is that there are a few different firmwares being sold and that only one of them is being officially updated by Google. Any recommendations?

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Bought mine off of Amazon from a reseller on there (Transformersandgsmphones) $625 shipped they are in IL, received in 2 days.
With the help of some members on here updated the firmware and I am now running ICS 4.0.2 and enjoying my new GN :D

quietriot84

May 14, 2010
Visit site
If you're in Illinois like I am, Negri. Saves ya on the tax.

+1 for Negri. Picked up my GNex for $595, no tax (live in Arizona) and free shipping. Oh and about the shipping, I selected the Fedex Ground (the free option), it shipped Thursday and I received it the next day :eek:

mankyd

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Bought mine off of Amazon from a reseller on there (Transformersandgsmphones) $625 shipped they are in IL, received in 2 days.
With the help of some members on here updated the firmware and I am now running ICS 4.0.2 and enjoying my new GN :D

This implies that I can reflash this phone with the vanilla google firmware regardless of where I get it from. Is that correct? If that's the case, then the reseller becomes easier to choose I guess.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
This implies that I can reflash this phone with the vanilla google firmware regardless of where I get it from. Is that correct? If that's the case, then the reseller becomes easier to choose I guess.
I am a "newbie" at the flashing thing, but I believe so yes. Thanks to the help of folks on here I was able to update/flash the Google firmware (after a couple of tries) pretty easily and it almost immediately then said I had an update to 4.0.2.
Agreed on the seller, as prices were all over the place on an unlocked NIB GSM GN, and the closest I could find to me was a seller in IL

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
+1 for Negri. Picked up my GNex for $595, no tax (live in Arizona) and free shipping. Oh and about the shipping, I selected the Fedex Ground (the free option), it shipped Thursday and I received it the next day :eek:

They're in Las Vegas, that's why you got it next day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

sddfdds

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
All the unlocked gsm models that you import are yakju or some sort of yakju(xx) variant which can be flashed to pure yakju, so it doesn't matter who you buy it from, just find the best price

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
All the unlocked gsm models that you import are yakju or some sort of yakju(xx) variant which can be flashed to pure yakju, so it doesn't matter who you buy it from, just find the best price

Well obviously, considering those are the only options (either yakju or yakju**)...

ANY model can be flashed to yakju if you care. Once you get the drivers set up it takes 5 min to flash it and you're done.

I'll put my vote in for Negri. I bought a CAN model for $565 shipped it showed up in 3 days. Flashed it to yakju no problem.