Stopped syncing Contacts and Calendar

blothrop

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Verizon Galaxy Nexus Connecting to Exchange Server 2003.

I have a couple issues, one was right from the start. But, now others have arisen...

When I'm actually in my office, where the Exchange Server that handles my e-mail resides and which has WiFi available, my e-mails don't sync to the phone unless I turn OFF WiFi on the phone. I've got syncing set to 'Push' and it works fine sending me the messages in real-time when I'm OUT of the office. Is there a setting that I can change that, for example, stops it from "using a WiFi connection by default whenever one is available"? Is the setting to "download attachments using WiFi when available" forcing this condition?

That is just a minor annoyance...

But, now, the phone is not correctly syncing Contacts and Calendars. Those were syncing correctly since I got the phone several weeks ago, until two days ago (~Feb.10th). The e-mail messages are coming in fine, still. But, the Calendar is empty and the Contacts have only 'myself' and the one last contact I entered from my workstation hard-wired at the office. Bazaar.

Scrolling though the list of received calls, going back in time before this problem started, I can catch a glimpse of the correct Contact's name with their phone number for each entry. But, then it gets replaced with 'blank' information. It's as if the phone forgets that it had forgotten the Contact info, and quickly tries to hide it from me and say, "See, I really don't know who these people are."... as if it is updating its sync with blank databases. But, the Calendar and Contacts on the Exchange Server are still intact and fine.

Any ideas for what I might check on? Is the OS auto-updating, and has anyone see signs of a faulty update recently?

Last edited:

michap

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I've had whole calenders disapeer, or rather not beeing shown in my phone. After "clearing data" for the calender app it synced just fine again. Happened a few times.

/Micha

Reactions: blothrop

blothrop

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion, Micha. I lived in Sweden for a couple of years while on a job. Nice place.

I never was able to determine what really caused the problem. But, sometimes you don't have the luxury of spending a lot of time investigating... Deleting the account and re-creating it (with exactly all of the same settings) restored everything.

I'm sure it will happen again, though. When it does, I will try your simpler solution. Thanks!

blothrop

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm still having the same kinds of trouble. I have "cleared the data", deleted the whole account and replaced it, each several times when the trouble comes up. I have even had the phone replaced completely. It just does not act like the system is really Pushing the information out -- there are long delays, even up to hours, with nothing coming through when I know the messages are stacking up. Two people in this office with iPhone4Ss set up the same way have no trouble, while either inside the office or out.
And, then, every few weeks, everything disappears -- the e-mails, Calendar and Conact data. And, they can only be recovered partly and haltingly.

Any other ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress