problem with GSM 4.0.4 update-message app, texts won't send

Lemmes Ghost

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
bit of a newb here so humor me.

I've read all the forums for work arounds and tried just about everything and am pulling what's left of my hair out.

Using the stock messaging app, I can receive texts just fine (SMS and MMS). I can even send SMS picture texts. But when I go to send a regular text message I get a red triangle with a exlamation point in it saying "message not sent".

I activivated my GSM unlocked Galaxy Nexus, popped in my At&T sim card and booted up. It was Yakju so immediately updated to 4.0.4. I'm stock and unrooted.

Did a battery pull, factory reset, pulled my SIM, played with the *#*#4636#*#*, phone settings, and put in my SMSC (yes both the +..... and the pdu style for AT&T. I even tried to add a new APN, but it won't convert over to it, it just clicks back to the default Cingular 410, or if it clicks to a new APN I created, the phone bars above just stay gray and nothing works.

For now I'm using GO SMS Pro as a work around, works just fine-- went into a forum and found how to tweek their advanced settings with a workable mmsc and proxy. The rest of the phone works fine, love ICS, but I need texts to work reliably for my job.

Is this happening to anyone else? I can't get anyone at Google on the phone, Samsung US bounced me around, and AT&T did a ping test and said the line works fine, sent me a test text, and said that they don't support this phone.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks

leontai_9222

May 20, 2012
Visit site
hi.

it's been a while since you posted this. have you solved the issue yet?

anyway, i just updated my GSM Nexus to the 4.0.4. and i'm encountering exactly the same problem. setting the SMSC via *#*#4636#*#* works for me. however, after rebooting the phone i can no longer send outgoing messages. i realised that i have to manually reenter the SMSC via *#*#4636#*#* everytime after rebooting.

i am currently using the same alternative as you. so if you have solved the issue, please do update me about it. thanks. =)