VERY purple screen

asuprice

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
So I had an international galaxy nexus and sold it a while back to try the lumia then one x neither of which I was sold on. So I ordered a galaxy nexus from Google and man was the screen purple. Here is a video. Samsung is replacing it, but I was curious if anyone else had one this bad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2A8pF0rz5A
[YT]x2A8pF0rz5A[/YT]

Last edited:

joelkamp

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
My screen is very purple as well. It appears to be due to the auto brightness setting in low light. Turn up the brightness and no more purple. I just assumed that this was the way all GN where, someone please tell me if this is not the case.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

doo567

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
A friend and I ordered a GN on the same day. I received mine it had the purple tint. My friend's had no purple tint, we compared them side by side. So I called Samsung and they sent me a replacement and it was even worse!! So I called again, asking for a replacement for the replacement. I received that one today and it was really good, hardly if any purple on the lowest brightness setting. Ironically, Samsung sent me another replacement by accident that I received later in the day. For fun, I opened that one and it was even worse then my original!! Glad I finally got a good one, but that was 1 out of 4! Now I am sure my account is all messed up with this additional phone. My purple issue is fixed, hopefully I don't have any issues sending the bad ones back!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo