Slow data speed

windyctyaudi

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I have had the galaxy nexus GSM on T-Mobile for about a week now and I have noticed the data isn?t much faster than my HTC sensation 4G it replaced. I see H connection most of the time but my speed tests have only been between 1.5 to 3.5 down. When I go in to setting/about my connection always shows HSDPA it has never shown HSPA /+ even though I am in a HSPA + area(san Diego). I was wondering if I need a new sim or if I need to call T-Mobile to have them change something on my account. I am currently using my sim from my HTC sensation 4g. thanks for any help in advance

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I take it the HTC isn't HSPA+ compatible with the 21mbs down, but if you are only getting 1.5-3mbs down in your area and not getting close to the theoretical max, would you expect the phone to increase the speeds of the network?

As I read it, the HTC would be capable of getting speeds up to 14.4mbs in perfect conditions,but you aren't anywhere close to that in real life. I could be wrong, but I doubt changing the phone or SIM will change that.

Anyone have a different take?

nb

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
w/i a month i'll be heading to T-MO with a GSM Gnex, so this issue is now on my watchlist.

please update with what you find---
i'd imagine you would need to take it to T-MO and more than likely receive a new SIM for it.

please update--i'm really curious what the GNex speeds on T-MO are actually showing.

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Around San Diego:
Screenshot_2012-07-10-08-56-07.png

Reactions: project.in.process

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall