Unlocked my Gnex but not Rooted

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I Unlocked my Gnex yesterday but apparently I didn't root correctly. Presumably there is a modded su.zip that needs to be flashed in order to properly root my Gnex (cdma). I looked around and thought that Wug Fresh might have had the solution I was looking for but they were using his su.zip that he said was needed for 4.0.4 on a GSM Gnex. Would that work formy phone? And could someone post step by step instructions on how I should install that modded su.zip from my computer?

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
1. Download this su.zip to your internal storage.
2. Download Clockwork Recovery and place in in your SDk/Tools or Platform-Tools folder.
3. From you Tools or Platform-Tools folder, open a command prompt.

*Wherever your adb.exe and fastboot.exe files are.

4. Type the following commands:

adb reboot bootloader
?wait for your phone to boot to the bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-toro.img
?wait until the command prompt tells you it has finished

5. On your phone, scroll down to ?Recovery Mode? and press the power button.
6. Your phone should boot into Clockwork Recovery.
7. Select ?install zip from sdcard.?
8. Find the su.zip file that you downloaded earlier. Choose it and flash it.
9. Reboot your phone and you should now be rooted.

Enjoy!

This was taken from another forum, is this what you're looking for? I'm on my phone now so its a bit more tough to search around, but I can help a little more in the morning if this doesn't suffice. Cheers!
Sent from my Gnex Golem.

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I'll give that a try when I get the chance. I have a question though.....the su.zip that you mentioned is it the one that Wug Fresh had mentioned about rooting 4.0.4? The guy had GSM gnex would this file still work for me?

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to assume that this is for CDMA because of the "toro" in the file name, so it would just be a matter of finding the right file.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
On your phone or computer? You shouldn't have to set a path save for where you have the files on your computer. And Be sure to double check that the image is correct, because recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-toro.img might be wrong. It all depends on your phone and if you have gsm or cdma.