Why Doesn't My Internet Work?

Lindaluv999

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
My phone internet won't work. The colour of the wireless on the top of the screen is usually blue but for some reason it turned grey/white. When it is blue the internet works fine like normal but for some reason it turned grey/white which doesn't let my internet work. I checked everything in the settings and the Wi-Fi is connected and the signal is good. I tried turning the phone off and on and putting it on air plane mode but it is still the same.

Can you tell me why this is happening and how to fix it?

galatians51

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Try turning off your router then restarting it. Sounds like there is a signal to the router but no internet connection from your router to the phone...

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Do other devices work fine with your router? Does the phone connect over the cellular network?

If so, then it's your phone's problem specifically with that router. I'd try resetting the router, or forgetting and re-configuring the phone to work on the network. You can also try selecting a different channel or making sure your router is set on "auto" mode and not locked specifically into 5Ghz or 2.5Ghz (some people report issues w/ this).

Also as a clarification, the white signal bars are the effect of not having internet, not the cause. They're white because you're not connecting and synced to Google services, which is the result of not having a connection.

ZeeshaanR

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi, the internet on my phone isnt working? It worked fine until this morning. Its an S3, and I restarted it twice and it didnt work. I took out the sim and put it back as well but still there is no internet. Can some one help?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi, the internet on my phone isnt working? It worked fine until this morning. Its an S3, and I restarted it twice and it didnt work. I took out the sim and put it back as well but still there is no internet. Can some one help?

Does wifi work

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Lamond Tulele

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
With over 2000 views to this post and only a handful of replies, seems like a tricky one to work out. I found one very long winded solution on a site for people who obviously know what they're doing, but I'm not going to try it incase I stuff my phone up real good, and it didn't seem to work for everyone that tried it. Did you find a solution yet?

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
My phone internet won't work. The colour of the wireless on the top of the screen is usually blue but for some reason it turned grey/white. When it is blue the internet works fine like normal but for some reason it turned grey/white which doesn't let my internet work. I checked everything in the settings and the Wi-Fi is connected and the signal is good. I tried turning the phone off and on and putting it on air plane mode but it is still the same.

Can you tell me why this is happening and how to fix it?

When you say phone internet are you talking about the data connection or the connection with WiFi? If it's the latter turn your router off for 1 minute, then turn it back on. Then turn your phone off for 1 minute and turn it back on. Make sure you check your settings, and try to see if it works. Make sure to check other devices like a laptop or a computer that has wifi and that wifi does in fact work. if it doesn't save all your data and do a factory reset on your phone and see if that fixes the issue. if it still doesn't, it could be because of your phone. Call the manufacturer and let them know about the situation and see if they can do anything about it. You may need to send in your phone to them so that they can check to see what the problem is and see if they can repair it or not.

I have had this problem too before and I called Google about it. I tried what you did and it still persisted, however, a few days later it just fixed itself. never had the issue again. Hope that helped and please let us know what happened, it seems others here have similar problems as you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95