Can't boot Gnex at all...

ChadS52

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
So I've had a stable system running Bamf 2.3 for some time now. Yesterday, my battery ran down all the way and the phone died. No big deal. Or so I thought. I got home, swapped batteries to my spare battery and could not get past the bootlooping boot animation. I let it run for about an hour, then did a battery pull and booted into recovery, and reformatted the cache. I put it on the charger, rebooted, the bootlooping started again, and I fell asleep for the night, hoping that it just needed time. So I wake up this morning, and it is still bootlooping. I do a battery pull, and have to try multiple times to boot, even into recovery, before I finally get it to boot successfully into recovery. I try to restore backup images, but it will not restore the /system. One a subsequent try, I even got the Error 7 message. So I try to do a complete factory wipe, which looks to have worked, but now I can't get past the google screen. I reboot back into recovery and try to reinstall the Bamf ROM. It gives me an error and won't install. So I can't flash ROM's or restore backups. BTW, I had USB debugging enabled (which is a precursor to everything that you read on the net) but I don't think the phone is even getting that far along. I connect to the computer but Device Manager does not see it, nor does ADB Devices. At this point every reboot is taking a little bit longer and a little bit longer. It's like the buttons are not responding. Now, I can't boot the phone at all. No google screen, no bootloop, no nothing. I can't get into recovery anymore to try anything or Odin mode. Fastboot is also negative. The only thing that gives any sign of anything is that when I plug it into the USB port on my PC, it makes 3 quick tones, then after a second it makes the same tone when unplugging a USB device. The phone is dead. Any ideas before I call up Verizon?

Chad