Google unlocked Nexus

Gary86

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Someone was telling me that the Factory unlocked nexus was crap compared to the international version....is this accurate info? Something about the radios in the phone? I will be selling my iPhone 5 when it comes in and looking for Android alternates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
The factory unlocked Nexus is the same as the international one... not sure where he's drawing the line. Almost all Galaxy Nexuses are factory unlocked, and all but the one being sold in the Play Store can be considered "international". Even the Play Store GNex has the same firmware as the international version.

Every GSM Galaxy Nexus has the same hardware, and about 99% the same software, save for regional differences in system languages and default radio firmware. Any Galaxy Nexus can be flashed to have shipping "takju" Google firmware and the associated radios.

Gary86

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
The factory unlocked Nexus is the same as the international one... not sure where he's drawing the line. Almost all Galaxy Nexuses are factory unlocked, and all but the one being sold in the Play Store can be considered "international". Even the Play Store GNex has the same firmware as the international version.

Every GSM Galaxy Nexus has the same hardware, and about 99% the same software, save for regional differences in system languages and default radio firmware. Any Galaxy Nexus can be flashed to have shipping "takju" Google firmware and the associated radios.

Thank you very much for the reply. I'll get one from the play store if I can't did a used one in good shape.

Sent from my awesome iPhone 4S using Tapatalk