Status bar on top keeps hiding on me

jorGeorge

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Got a little bit of an issue that I'm hoping you guys can help me with...my status bar on top has disspeared on me. Not completely though, it pops down when I'm in a menu, texts, pretty much anything except being idle on my homescreens. Any ideas?

I'm running JB on a Verizon Galaxy Nexus

jorGeorge

May 16, 2011
Visit site
its a feature. shows up only when you need it.
I'm confused, I have not noticed this until the past day and I upgraded to JB months ago. I do not find it convenient at all, I would like to see what notifications I have and the time while scrolling home pages. Are you sure this is a feature and not something I activated/de-activated?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused. Notifications show up on top on the left the same line as the battery and signal indicators. If you have no notifications (or you have already acted on them or cleared them) nothing shows up. Are you saying that they are somehow getting cleared without your input?

jorGeorge

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Something definitely feels wrong here. I just asked my friend to text me. He did and upon waking the screen and being on the lock screen I can see the notification bar up top that indicated I had a text. Immediately after unlocking the screen the notification bar once again hid itself (in an animation type of way, it is not just dissapearing as a glitch). I did NOT scroll to bring down the notification pane nor did I go into the messaging app.

I'm confused as hell right now. I did not install anything new on my phone recently, this is coming out of nowhere.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused, I have not noticed this until the past day and I upgraded to JB months ago. I do not find it convenient at all, I would like to see what notifications I have and the time while scrolling home pages. Are you sure this is a feature and not something I activated/de-activated?

now that you ask me I am not sure either. but i always though apps has to implement this to enable/disable top bar.

jorGeorge

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Are you using a 3rd party Launcher like Nova? If so, check the "Look & Feel" category in the settings.
I am, nova prime. I've been using it for about a month now though, let me check the settings...

EDIT: Yep, this was it. My ipod died and I've been using my GN in the gym past few days. Must have accidentally disabled this without knowing. Thanks.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana