Upgrade from my current Galaxy Nexus?

Jairo Dimas

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm new to these forums and I was just wondering if I should upgrade to the HTC one? I love my Nexus but sometimes it lags. That drives me crazy! I know the HTC will have bloatware but aside from that would it be a good purchase? I'm on Sprint and pretty pleased with them so the Nexus 4 Is out of the question.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I'm new to these forums and I was just wondering if I should upgrade to the HTC one? I love my Nexus but sometimes it lags. That drives me crazy! I know the HTC will have bloatware but aside from that would it be a good purchase? I'm on Sprint and pretty pleased with them so the Nexus 4 Is out of the question.

I want to upgrade my galaxy nexus as well, it occasionally lags and the camera/battery both suck. Although I'm leaning more towards the Galaxy S4 than the HTC One. The only thing preventing me from upgrading is the nexus aspect. I have only had nexus devices, I'm not sure how much I will miss having the latest android updates. I'm also hoping Google won't disappoint with the next nexus, they just don't seem to prioritize on battery life/camera/audio quality.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Can't speak specifically to your Galaxy Nexus. I will note I had Galaxy S3 and loved it. But my Nexus 4 is a dream. Not waiting for updates is a big deal for me. The pure Android experience also big plus!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I am stock Android and the only lag I notice is with some apps. I think that is more of function of the app than the O/S. After a year, I still have no compelling reason to upgrade to another phone. Maybe when Google stops providing software updates, but not now. Also, the HTC One does not have a removable battery, which is a deal breaker for me. A 4MP camera is not quite state of the art either.

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site
after having a nexus, i dont think i will ever have another phone. i wish i could use the nexus 4 but being on verizon thats not an option, unlimited LTE is a big factor in that. im hoping that the next nexus will be on all carriers, but until then im gonna rock the gnex.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
After using my Nexus 4 I won't be going back to any other skinned Android phone. The Nexus 4 camera is decent, the battery is decent and gets me through the day but the pure lag free Android experience with no bloatware is to awesome to pass up. I had a GS3 before this phone and I'm so glad I switched. Even on Jelly Bean my GS3 isn't as nice of an experience.

If your not gonna use AT&T or T-Mobile then get the HTC One or wait to see if another Nexus phone is announced in May.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Jairo Dimas

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
If the Nexus 4 was on sprint I would jump on it so fast! Does anyone know if sprint will get another Nexus?

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
If the Nexus 4 was on sprint I would jump on it so fast! Does anyone know if sprint will get another Nexus?

Probably not. It's kinda their fault though, so you can't blame Google. Loving T-Mo though so I'm not complaining.

Jairo Dimas

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, unfortunately I can't leave Sprint. I'm on a family plan and pay only about 220 for 5 lines with unlimited data, messaging and 1500 minutes shared. The savings are to good to leave. I can only pray we get another Nexus lol.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, unfortunately I can't leave Sprint. I'm on a family plan and pay only about 220 for 5 lines with unlimited data, messaging and 1500 minutes shared. The savings are to good to leave. I can only pray we get another Nexus lol.

On T-Mobile you can get 5 lines with unlimited everything for $210. Or unlimited everything with data throttled at 10GB for $160.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana