New Version of Google Play Music Constantly Crashes

Dru419

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Many times. No dice.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'm going back and fourth with google play support and they are working on it as we speak. Hopefully an update before COB today! Otherwise, they didn't really specify a timeline on when a fix would be made available.

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm going back and fourth with google play support and they are working on it as we speak. Hopefully an update before COB today! Otherwise, they didn't really specify a timeline on when a fix would be made available.

This would be great! Thanks for nudging them along! :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Wiggy0211

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm not really sure since I haven't had a chance to play with the mobile app. Online version via the browser works great. I've created multiple play lists. The fact that this update was just released yesterday, I guess we can cut Google some slack as I'm sure they're already fully aware of all these bugs. They better fix it quick though or they will start to lose revenue. I use spotify and it's pretty much flawless. Keep us posted if you have any updates. BTW, which droid are you using?

Posted via Android Central App

I'm on a GNex. Good to see improvements/ fixes on the way (hopefully). I'll have to check out the browser version after work today. I've been using MOG for the last 6-8 months and I like it but there are def things that they should have improved by now. It downloads really fast which is nice and the sound quality IMO is really good. Would rather use google tho so long as it's as good. Plus it's 2 bucks cheaper! lol

Dru419

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm on a GNex. Good to see improvements/ fixes on the way (hopefully). I'll have to check out the browser version after work today. I've been using MOG for the last 6-8 months and I like it but there are def things that they should have improved by now. It downloads really fast which is nice and the sound quality IMO is really good. Would rather use google tho so long as it's as good. Plus it's 2 bucks cheaper! lol

Same boat here man. I've been using Spotify premium since the day it was released in the US. Looking forward to replacing it with Google All Access (assuming they fix the app) Does the app work for you?

Michael Sammler

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't GN mean Galaxy Note :) I am on the OGN (original Galaxy Note) and I get the crash pop up when downloading the app, before I even tried to open it.
I am with Docomo, GN SC-05D. I can not sign up for the All access either. It says server error, but may not be available in Japan.

Dru419

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't GN mean Galaxy Note :) I am on the OGN (original Galaxy Note) and I get the crash pop up when downloading the app, before I even tried to open it.
I am with Docomo, GN SC-05D. I can not sign up for the All access either. It says server error, but may not be available in Japan.

All access currently available only in the US. Sorry, not a big fan of acronyms =) lol

Wiggy0211

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Same boat here man. I've been using Spotify premium since the day it was released in the US. Looking forward to replacing it with Google All Access (assuming they fix the app) Does the app work for you?

Yeah it works as far as not crashing and I can listen to songs but the download to device is screwy (I think). Getting songs to go from "all music" to "on device" is either not working right or I'm doing something wrong. I like to think it's not me tho ;-)

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I'll have to check my wife's GNex for this issue.

My GNote1 has the Google Play Music app and I haven't seen these issues yet.

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. A few minutes into a song the app crashes. A friend of mine has it crash immediately after opening. Hopefully this is fixed soon.

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey all. Check the size of your On Device library. I had the app working fine for a few days but it started crapping out this morning on my S3 but kept working ok on my Nexus 7. Constantly crashed after about 30-45 seconds after starting the app. Error logs said something about an SQL error with too many combined statements or something. Tried the same things you guys tried, uninstalling, clearing app data, disabling, etc., but nothing helped and when I saw something had tried a factory reset and it didn't help, I figured it had to be something with the library.

Sure enough, I removed my SD card and the app's been working fine ever since. I had about 3000 songs on the SD card so there's some bug in the app limiting that. What I'm not sure about yet is if the problem is the combined On Device library (which I the songs on the SD card + cached/pinned songs) or if it's just the songs on the SD card. SD card is currently plugged into my tablet so I can upload the songs to Google Play. (I've now got about 11000) songs in the google locker and that's working fine on the Nexus so that's not the problem.