Galaxy Nexus notifications don't always show when receiving text messages

thunderking

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I've made sure the settings were set within the messaging app on my phone, I even unchecked them, rebooted, rechecked, rebooted, and periodically I will get texts but I dont see the notification until I actually open the app - is there any way to rectify this? I've already factory reset twice, so I don't think that would work - thanks.

sconrad308

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I've made sure the settings were set within the messaging app on my phone, I even unchecked them, rebooted, rechecked, rebooted, and periodically I will get texts but I dont see the notification until I actually open the app - is there any way to rectify this? I've already factory reset twice, so I don't think that would work - thanks.

This one is very puzzling. It is not something I have ever noticed at all on GNEX. Are you running the stock messaging app or a third party app?

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I have not seen this either and I am all stock. Might want to try another message app and seen if it fixes it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

sconrad308

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
So running stock 4.2 and the stock messaging app and you are having that issue. That is really weird, because I'm running stock and have no issues what so ever with my messaging app. Do you have launcher that you are running. Maybe that could be the problem.

I just had another thought of what the problem could be. Does it happen if the person messages you while the messaging app is still open and either just went to screen off or something like that. I could see that happening.

thunderking

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I found the issue - those contacts apparently were set to "Send to Voicemail" if they called - removed that, and now I'm getting the notifications I expect!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress