Straight Talk/Tracfone on Galaxy Nexus

bLampert

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
My brother just inherited my Galaxy Nexus. We're trying to find out what pay-per-month carrier he can use with this phone. We were planning on talking the sim card out and putting it in the Galaxy Nexus (Unlock/Root if needed). Specifically we were looking at using Straight Talk or Tracfone. Anyone have any experience with this? Or suggestions on making this work?

Thanks.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
My brother just inherited my Galaxy Nexus. We're trying to find out what pay-per-month carrier he can use with this phone. We were planning on talking the sim card out and putting it in the Galaxy Nexus (Unlock/Root if needed). Specifically we were looking at using Straight Talk or Tracfone. Anyone have any experience with this? Or suggestions on making this work?

Thanks.
What carrier did you have the Galaxy Nexus on?

phattysalz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I believe the only prepaid you can go with is Verizon. Since it is CDMA version you are pretty restricted.

Posted via Android Central App

salpiche

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
check straigtalk they have cdma and I think they use verizon towers for it, I know that I can't do my sprint branded GN.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
From what I have been reading, straighttalk uses AT&T towers and will not work. Others suggest PagePlus

Right, don't believe Straight Talk has BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) for Verizon. It does offer its own phones on Verizon, but all the BYOD stuff is AT&T/T-Mobile.