Lost Keyboard Remote -- Need Help

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
So, I purchased a used Logitech Revue from a co-worker with the understanding that he lost the remote and I would have to use my phone or my Harmony One.

So, I plug the Revue in to my network and download the Logitech Harmony app for my phone. The phone immediately picks up the Revue on my network and syncs to it.

Then, I decide to factory reset the Revue so that I can delete my co-worker's apps and gmail account from the unit. Big mistake. Now the Revue needs to be set up and is not being picked up on my network. Therefore, I can't use the phone to control it and it doesn't appear to have any physical buttons anywhere. So now it just sits at the "Welcome" screen waiting for me to pair the proprietary keyboard with it.

Do I have any way of getting my phone to sync back up with this thing? Is there any way to communicate with it and get it recognized on the network? I'm really stumped here.

Brandon

Discovered

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Just if anyone else has this issue. Idevices and Androids can connect via remote apps.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Just if anyone else has this issue. Idevices and Androids can connect via remote apps.

Yes, but only after it has been initially configured. If it boots during initial setup or is factory-reset, it will not be connected on your wireless network and thus the remote app won't work.

Now the Revue needs to be set up and is not being picked up on my network. Therefore, I can't use the phone to control it and it doesn't appear to have any physical buttons anywhere. So now it just sits at the "Welcome" screen waiting for me to pair the proprietary keyboard with it.

Brandon

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Another potential solution would be to just get a replacement keyboard/remote on ebay. I was able to do this for my girlfriend's almost 10 year old satellite radio. Ebay has just about anything you want to buy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non