[ODIN][Released by p3droid] Leaked Gingerbread EC09 Full Stock package

Big Z

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I have (and I believe others are having) issues with lip sync when playing movies which I believe is a Froyo related issue. Does anyone know if this issue is resolved in this leak of GB?

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have (and I believe others are having) issues with lip sync when playing movies which I believe is a Froyo related issue. Does anyone know if this issue is resolved in this leak of GB?

I never noticed that with Froyo, but I did notice the volume on my videos in GB is terrible. I can barely hear anything even through headphones on max volume...

F34R

F34RTEHDR01D
Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
just used recuva and actually recovered all my pics lol. I didn't realize how many files were still on that card. It recovered 1950 files lol.

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all, First time poster, but been hanging around for a while on this board. I am really glad that I read this thread all the way through. At first I was very tempted in moving to GB, had read all the way to page 6 or 7 of this thread and was in the process of downloading the leak. I have root my facinate from 2.1 to 2.2 with Odin about 5 month ago when they release the superclean version. Build number is EB01 2.2.1 Kernal 2.6.32.9. I have backed up the SD to PC already and was about to root when I started getting to the pages when people were starting to have the SD wiped. Like most of you now, It looks like I will wait a little longer for a better release (debloated). I love the one I am on now, I do however notice that the battery life kinda sucks. I also do experiance FC on occasion, but for the most part it works well. I just wanted to say thanks to all that share the information. I believe the file that I downloaded for the last root was EC10SC292x_DXC, is this the best one to be on now, or is it outdated already?

Last edited:

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
My battery life is still pretty good, I got Netflix to work, and all my other apps seem to have settled down and I haven't seen a random FC in over 24 hours... (knock on wood). I did a manual hack-n-slash debloat that seems to be working for me, so I am keeping this until a legit GB debloat comes along. I am too hooked on the improvements in the new radio to go back.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all, First time poster, but been hanging around for a while on this board. I am really glad that I read this thread all the way through. At first I was very tempted in moving to GB, had read all the way to page 6 or 7 of this thread and was in the process of downloading the leak. I have root my facinate from 2.1 to 2.2 with Odin about 5 month ago when they release the superclean version. Build number is EB01 2.2.1 Kernal 2.6.32.9. I have backed up the SD to PC already and was about to root when I started getting to the pages when people were starting to have the SD wiped. Like most of you now, It looks like I will wait a little longer for a better release (debloated). I love the one I am on now, I do however notice that the battery life kinda sucks. I also do experiance FC on occasion, but for the most part it works well. I just wanted to say thanks to all that share the information. I believe the file that I downloaded for the last root was EC10SC292x_DXC, is this the best one to be on now, or is it outdated already?

Superclean has been replaced by Community ROM. You can find ODIN packages for Comm ROM here in this thread:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...ed-custom-roms-w-root-updated-06-12-11-a.html

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey, its my birthday. The best gift ever from the devs would be a gingerbread com rom. ;P

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ODIN][Released by p3droid] Leaked Gingerbread EC09 Full Stoc

Unplugged my phone 13 hours ago. Have everything on but GPS/latitude. Battery just dropped below 80%. Battery life with this rom is off.the.hook!

johnsma22

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I'm not running GB as of yet, but I am sporting the EC09 modem and absolutely loving it!!! Haven't noticed a huge difference in cellular reception, but I haven't had any mystery voice mails show up for calls that never made it to my phone.

What I am noticing is the amazingly fast download speed, and finally, the solution to my GPS problems. Every time I turn on GPS now I get a lock with 10 birds in less than 30 seconds! Hooray for EC09!!!

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Questions about the SD Card.

I initially used the GB leak and then used Gingerbreak to root. My phone started to act weird (random reboots, sometimes I could access my SD card and sometimes not so much. I put it into an SD reader and was able to see all the contents, even some mysterious 0KB files from my camera.

I ODINed the leak again and now I am back to stock.

My questions are;
1. I can't seem to be able to format the card on the phone or on a computer. How did anyone get past this?
2. What is the format type I should be using? Fat32? extFat? NTFS?

Any help getting past this would be helpful.

Thanks.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Questions about the SD Card.

I initially used the GB leak and then used Gingerbreak to root. My phone started to act weird (random reboots, sometimes I could access my SD card and sometimes not so much. I put it into an SD reader and was able to see all the contents, even some mysterious 0KB files from my camera.

I ODINed the leak again and now I am back to stock.

My questions are;
1. I can't seem to be able to format the card on the phone or on a computer. How did anyone get past this?
2. What is the format type I should be using? Fat32? extFat? NTFS?

Any help getting past this would be helpful.

Thanks.

Sushi,
Welcome to the land of fried SD cards. From everything I have read, you may be able to get your files off the SD card with a program called recova, but the SD card is toast. Even sbrissen was not able to salvage his SD card. I think for the most part everyone is staying away from the EC09 leak for now. Even people who simply flashed the leak, didn't root, didn't do anything else are getting fried SD cards.

Reactions: sushiguy732

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Sushi,
Welcome to the land of fried SD cards. From everything I have read, you may be able to get your files off the SD card with a program called recova, but the SD card is toast. Even sbrissen was not able to salvage his SD card. I think for the most part everyone is staying away from the EC09 leak for now. Even people who simply flashed the leak, didn't root, didn't do anything else are getting fried SD cards.

Thanks Sharky but this is one welcome I didn't want! :)

Before it got too fired, I put it in an SD reader and grabbed all the pics and videos I wanted. But now I have the answer and realize there is nothing I can do I will just go in to VZW and claim ignorance and try to get a new one (and go back to 2.1 of course!)

anon268366

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

I'm still on the GB leak no root, with a new SD card and everything seems ok I've made it past the mark of where I lost my original card.

wayne_sw

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

No luck here. I've tried Recuva, SDFormatter, File Scavenger, and Card Recovery. None of them can see any files on the SD. Card Recovery shows 64,000+ bad sectors.

It hasn't been mentioned yet but has anyone tried reading/reformatting a card with some sort of Linux dist? I've had good luck recovering hard drives in Parted Magic and even Ubuntu. Just curious.

ggr

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site

Mine worked ok for few hours & then my sd card was fried. Got my pics and movies out. Cant reformat it or read it any where. Now using a different card.
Also on and off my phone just hangs and reboots. Sometimes it gets really hot to hold n talk.
Thinking of going back...

Twatson

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
i used the CWM partitoning tool to foramt my sd card. to fix the sd card issue, remove autorun.iso from the /system/etc/ folder asap. it embeds itself in the sdcard and does some strange things.

mm247

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

i used the CWM partitoning tool to foramt my sd card. to fix the sd card issue, remove autorun.iso from the /system/etc/ folder asap. it embeds itself in the sdcard and does some strange things.
Do you do this through CWM or from your PC or directly from the phone?