HTC EVO 3D: Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

xchan89

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: EVO3D Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

I really hope HTC fixes these bugs because I pretty much have 95% of the issues reported on this forum

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to officially close the internet from within the browser? Pushing the back button leaves the internet open and running in the background. I don't like having to go to the kill app feature every time I want to quit the internet app..

It doesn't use Internet when it's idle, just leave it sit and your phone will close it when it needs to.

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Speaker does not automatically turn on when flipping over phone, option for it is on, anyone else has this problem.
Also can the lock screen be disabled. I hate having to constantly move the ring up to type a message, it would have been better if I could just type while on the lock screen . Thanks !

Try app No Lock

aleko

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

My EVO 3D gets stuck on "Obtaining IP address" when connecting to Wi-Fi. Does anybody else have this issue? I have tried to connect to several different networks with the same result...
At home, I have worked around the issue by setting my wireless router to the B-only mode (as opposed to b/g/n mode)...
Is my phone defective? Should I call Sprint and ask for a replacement?

I took it to a Sprint store and they couldn't fix it either, so they did conclude it was defective and replaced it.

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site

For example, if I am on a phone call using my bluetooth and my phone is on the seat next to me. The screen is black. So if I need to input digits I have to unlock the phone to do so. Also, if I am on a call and the person I'm talking to disconnects the call it does not disconnect from my bluetooth/phone. I have to again, unlock the phone to activate the screen and then I can end the call.

Sorry if this sounds crazy, I'm still fumbling my way through as I am new to android.

Do you not have a button on the BT to press to end call?

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

1. Greenish pictures.
2. Hot when charging and using.
3. Battery life.
4. Text cut off app names
5. Sound low
Etc..... I know each phone is going to have things I don't like but come on except battery life all these should be fixed before phone is released...f you htc... Plus the bootloader issue...f you htc.

dr. burgle

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

My unit has been damn near perfect. Actually as of right now it's been running for 2 days without charging and is still going. The one things that ticks me off daily is that when I am using the music app it doesn't start off where I left off when I go to use it after a while.
I listen to a talk radio show where I used to live in Seattle via downloading pod casts so they could be 25-45 minute segments and when I pause and go to listen again later it starts back at the start of the segment.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

i ordered mine today and it should be here next week....i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!! i'm going to radio shack tomorrow to get the otterbox defender case i saw there. super excited. this is going to be the longest couple of days ever lol

fraz

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Another thing that is annoying is the Agenda widget takes awhile to load up. I only have the gmail calendar synced and it usually takes 20-30 secs to load. The og evo agenda widget had no lag and was instant.

aleko

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

So should I take mine as well? Mine is also getting stuck on authenticating...is your new one working better now?

I think you should take yours to a store. They should have a wifi in store to check it out.
My new one connects to wifi without any problems.

xPhantom

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Anybody noticed the up time and awake? Seems like phone is not getting any rest, even overnight.
And I power my phone down twice and it still gave me an up time of 20+ hours after I powered it up. Had to do a hard reset.

My up time and awake time are also showing to be identical... the phone does not seem to be sleeping. Is a hard reset the best way to fix this?

mrjohnsonthedrummer

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

I recently got my EVO 3d. I haven't had a chance to sit down and play with it but my battery didn't die super fast like people said it did.

mrjohnsonthedrummer

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

I recently got my EVO 3d. I haven't had a chance to sit down and play with it but my battery didn't die super fast like people said it did. One problem I'm having is trying to understand why HTC doesn't put headphones in the box. I hate holding my phone to my ear and Bluetooths hurt my ear. Does anyone know the reason for that?

jdw3018

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
One problem I'm having is trying to understand why HTC doesn't put headphones in the box. I hate holding my phone to my ear and Bluetooths hurt my ear. Does anyone know the reason for that?
Headphones cost HTC money. And, many people like their personal headphones rather than what may come with a phone.

I'd rather use my headphones I already have than have any more cost associated with the phone. It's a trade-off.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site

Another thing that is annoying is the Agenda widget takes awhile to load up. I only have the gmail calendar synced and it usually takes 20-30 secs to load. The og evo agenda widget had no lag and was instant.

That is strange considering mine only takes 1-3 seconds max.

domer

May 18, 2010
Visit site

I've now heard from 3 different people that they hear an echo of their own voice when I am talking to them through a Bluetooth headset (Plantronics Voyager 520). If they lower their volume, or I lower mine, it seems to help, but unfortunately lowering the volume on my end makes the person I'm speaking with pretty much inaudible. I did not have this issue with my Evo 4G using the same headset.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site

I recently got my EVO 3d. I haven't had a chance to sit down and play with it but my battery didn't die super fast like people said it did. One problem I'm having is trying to understand why HTC doesn't put headphones in the box. I hate holding my phone to my ear and Bluetooths hurt my ear. Does anyone know the reason for that?
Phone headphones get used as much as owners manuals. You can find both online now.

The manual is free. That quality of earbuds is about $4 at Fry's.

blaidan

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

I've now heard from 3 different people that they hear an echo of their own voice when I am talking to them through a Bluetooth headset (Plantronics Voyager 520). If they lower their volume, or I lower mine, it seems to help, but unfortunately lowering the volume on my end makes the person I'm speaking with pretty much inaudible. I did not have this issue with my Evo 4G using the same headset.

Ditto. I reported that I was having this exact issue back on post #519 of this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenw0419