HTC EVO 3D: Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

domer

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: EVO3D Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

Ditto. I reported that I was having this exact issue back on post #519 of this thread.

This is pretty frustrating, especially since I'm happy with my (dinosaur) of a headset. Will you be trying another headset, or living with the problem?

lars47

May 7, 2011
Visit site

I've got a fairly serious issue. My wife's phone's screen appears to have completely gone berserk.

pHRbS.jpg

We ordered on 6/21 as Sprint Premiere Gold. We'll be sending it back for replacement. They're shipping a new one out, and a return mailer.

bbarend

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

I don't think my light sensor is working. Is there anyway to calibrate it or reset?

blaidan

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

This is pretty frustrating, especially since I'm happy with my (dinosaur) of a headset. Will you be trying another headset, or living with the problem?

Yeah, I hear ya. My old Plantronics bluetooth has served me well for a long time. Never had this issue on my Pre. Not real sure what to do. Seems everyone I talk to on it through the 3D tells me they can hear themselves echo. It's not like it's limited to a single caller. Kinda sucks.

EDIT: Just remembered I have another Plantronics model sitting around upstairs. Gonna charge it up and see if the same issue persists with this headset or not.

Last edited:

Guy from SU

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

Bug with music playback (via stereo headset)

So I'm using the phone as a music player though a headset. Suddenly a notification comes through and my phone plays the notification sound though the headset (as it should) but the music I'm listening to plays through the phone external speaker for less than a second.

Is this happening on anyone's phone other than mine?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Speaker is completely weak! Need to be standing 2 feet from it to hear it ring.

Had better coverage with E4G. I drop calls with the wife where before I could talk to her with no problems.

Sense stutters and is not smooth. Infact, my 4G seems faster. Not gaming, but sense in general...swiping left and right through home screens.

Otherwise, this is a great phone, but deciding whether to exchange it or return it all together.

bullet317

May 7, 2010
Visit site

After rebooting my phone a majority of my icons switch to a generic green icon. They still open the apps but are annoying. I replace them and everything works fine again. Also my settings change back to default. ie; haptic turned off it comes back on after reboot. Any solutions out there?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
After rebooting my phone a majority of my icons switch to a generic green icon. They still open the apps but are annoying. I replace them and everything works fine again. Also my settings change back to default. ie; haptic turned off it comes back on after reboot. Any solutions out there?

When that happens to your icons, instead of replace them just change your scene then change scene right back to one you had and all icons fix automatic.

EVO - LUTION 3D

shcole

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site

I have searched, and can't find anything, so maybe I am the only one....but I cannot get the spiderman game to work. I have tried downloading the required 184 MB multipe times, with it often failiing, over wifi, over 4g etc. On the 2 occasions the whole download completed, it plays an intro video, then force closes....any suggestions?

msp-droid

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

Got mine today and its crashed 5 times already.
Plus got it on a mode twice where screen went black and just 4 bottom buttons where lit up and beseech battery pull to get it back,,anyone sen this? Think I have to take it back to get s wapped

Lp912

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

My screen froze for hours an I could not even turn off the phone! Then it came back on to work for a few hours, then the screen went black with 4 bottom buttons lit up...nothing I do that can reset this phone. I'm disappointed...

3dognate

May 21, 2011
Visit site

5 days with it and not one single hiccup... phone is working fantastic.

dantheman68

May 14, 2011
Visit site

Anyone else having An issue where after taking a 3d pic then backing out the screen goes to full brightness?... My brightness is set manually at 25% or so and probably 9 times out of 10 I notice the screen is brighter so i go to brightness and the slider is at 25% but if I tap the slider where it sits the screen gets back to where it was before the 3d pic was taken

xchan89

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having An issue where after taking a 3d pic then backing out the screen goes to full brightness?... My brightness is set manually at 25% or so and probably 9 times out of 10 I notice the screen is brighter so i go to brightness and the slider is at 25% but if I tap the slider where it sits the screen gets back to where it was before the 3d pic was taken[/QUOTE

Yup same here...I have a crap load of minor annoyences. Biggest one is email not pushing...today I got 23 emails from one email client. I also have it set to check email every 15 min. Obviously not working..

kelv1ntran

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site

my phone randomly restarts and the apps i moved to the SD card show the android icon whenever i restart my phone or the phone randomly restarts itsself. I've also had the screen go black on me before with the 4 buttons lite up on the bottom, and also the gmail app stopped auto pushing my emails to me. i've had the phone for 4 days now and i love it so far expect for these random annoyances. anybody know of any solutions to these problems?

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I need to call sprint tomorrow, this phone seems to have worse 4g connection then my nexus, which cant be possible to be honest, lol. Nexus had a week connection and I always had constant one bar at my house. I do get signal but it jumps between good, fair and poor and disconnects cometimes. I dont even hate that part, the part that I hate is instead of connecting back to 4g it will ask me to tap the screen to scan for networks. I mean it should automatically connect. If nexus S can give me a constant 4g signal at my house even though it was one bar, this phone should atleast match that.

I am gonna call them up tomorrow to check it out at their end, or I am gonna hit up amazon to have them send me a replacement.

kourtneypredium

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

I feel like if anyone is having major problems with ya phone u need to bring it to the sprint store. I do wanna add that the netflix don't work on the phone right now. I was a little disappointed when I got the phone the day it came out because a lot of app I had on my EVO4g I can't get on this one right now. This phone have a faster processer and still load slow. As a matter of fact I was told by sprint that it have 2 processers. Sprint told me that this EVO3d is to advanced for a lot of the apps so we all have to wait for the apps to upgrade and catch up with our phone. I really do know if that's true or now. And about the HDMI I asked sprint about that to and really the workers at the sprint store I went to the day the phone came out They did not know thereselves. They tried to look it up but I could of did the same **** cuz they went to Google. So what I need to know is can we hook it to the tv and watch movies off of it like the EVO4g? I did download the movie green hornet but what ever SD card u have in ya phone when u first download it that's the one u gotta have in when u wanna watch it. It will not let u download it again. I love phones I am a phone freak so if tall wanna contact me to see if I'm having a problem or if u find something interesting email me kourtneypredium@yahoo.com follow me on Twitter Kourtney Predium.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayleepalmer90