HTC EVO 3D: Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

blaidan

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: EVO3D Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

BT is a protocol with many variations in versions and implementations across/within brands. Therefore there will never be an end to BT issues and incompatibilities. Sometimes the handshake doesn't take properly and your can get echos, feedback, no audio nor connection. I have just reconnected or repaired if drastic and it works. BT is like HDMI in this sense...It isn't perfect, but it is nice to have when it works.Same reason not all phones will pair in all cars.

I laughed at the wife comment. Mine is the same way. She is a BT junkie too.

Yeah, my wife is great but in the end she's still a woman ;)

As for the bluetooth, I completely understand. I was just hoping not to have the issue. Although, I shouldn't complain. I haven't had any other real issue with this phone aside from the bluetooth thing so I'm happy.

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site

Need GMAIL help. The mail app shows a number of unread messages on the icon. How can I get that same feature for the GMAIL icon?

mykrlz182

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
No, mine usually shows about 380MB free after killing all.

OK so I restarted my phone and turned off wifi and gps which I always have on when I'm at home. So know I'm showing 370 mb but that only last a little while in about half an hour or so it will show like 150 mb?! I've tried going in to the applications tab and killing any Apps running in the background but I don't get much increase in ram.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site

The only problem I have after 7 days is I can't find anything to complain about. :D

vimo119

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
my phone randomly restarts and the apps i moved to the SD card show the android icon whenever i restart my phone or the phone randomly restarts itsself. I've also had the screen go black on me before with the 4 buttons lite up on the bottom, and also the gmail app stopped auto pushing my emails to me. i've had the phone for 4 days now and i love it so far expect for these random annoyances. anybody know of any solutions to these problems?

My EVO restarted 2 times so far, I as well noticed the android icons, I just remove them and add them back from the app menu, maybe some of your apps need to be on the phone because I had one app constantly changing after I moved it to the SD card I just moved it back to the phone. U might have to change the time of auto syncing for your gmail. Mine works great.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I use memory monitor. My memory always shows like 100 and something then once I hit memory monitor it goes up to like 400 and something. I wish there was a setting to have it free up memory like every couple hours. I haven't really messed with the task killer that came with the phone. But having low memory hasn't slowed naything down for me and the phone is still fast as heck and I love it.

Hey guys is it normal to only have like 150 to 200 mb of ram available? Even after killing all in task manager. Thanks guys

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Gmail unread count it's an app in the marketplace. Mine shows me the number of gmail unread messages I have. I had a different one on my EVO which wasn't working right on the new phone for some reason but this one does the same thing. And you can set the color of the number. I like it!

QUOTE=enthuz;1052206]Need GMAIL help. The mail app shows a number of unread messages on the icon. How can I get that same feature for the GMAIL icon?[/QUOTE]

grhodes1

May 19, 2011
Visit site

first hiccup. Camera app crashed back to the home screen while i was trying to take a picture in low light with the flash. Reopened it and things went swimmingly

Led Zappa

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

Gmail unread count it's an app in the marketplace. Mine shows me the number of gmail unread messages I have. I had a different one on my EVO which wasn't working right on the new phone for some reason but this one does the same thing. And you can set the color of the number. I like it!

Need GMAIL help. The mail app shows a number of unread messages on the icon. How can I get that same feature for the GMAIL icon?

Didn't work for me. There is a paid version, but I'm not trying it considering the free version doesn't work.

PROBLEM 2: Visual Voicemail does not allow me to chose audio out. If Bluetooth is connected, that's what it's going to use. BUMMER.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Well there was 2 free ones in the marketplace the old one I had which said it was installed nbut it wouldn't open or work then the other one I got gmail unread count for free and it works for me. Sorry it didn't work for you that's weird. The one that says gmail unread count old is the old one I had that wasn't working. And I see the one for 99 cents which looks just like the one I got the other day but it's a different person and mine didn't cost. I don't see the free one I got the other day. It says gmail unreadcount widget by madroom project. I just looked under my apps. But I don't see it anymore in the market. I see the updated version of my old one which does cost now.

Didn't work for me. There is a paid version, but I'm not trying it considering the free version doesn't work.

PROBLEM 2: Visual Voicemail does not allow me to chose audio out. If Bluetooth is connected, that's what it's going to use. BUMMER.

Led Zappa

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

Well there was 2 free ones in the marketplace the old one I had which said it was installed nbut it wouldn't open or work then the other one I got gmail unread count for free and it works for me. Sorry it didn't work for you that's weird. The one that says gmail unread count old is the old one I had that wasn't working. And I see the one for 99 cents which looks just like the one I got the other day but it's a different person and mine didn't cost. I don't see the free one I got the other day. It says gmail unreadcount widget by madroom project. I just looked under my apps. But I don't see it anymore in the market. I see the updated version of my old one which does cost now.

Found it on Appbrain, went through that whole install BS then install the madroom project version and it's still not working for me. Oh well. I had no idea Android was so flaky.

grhodes1

May 19, 2011
Visit site

Wondering if any of y'all are having the same issue. If i pull the camera app into the Launch ring and then try and take a picture the picture will take and then the image will freeze to where i cant take any more pictures. None of the capacitive buttons will respond except for the home button. Then I'll relaunch camera app from the home screen and sometimes it'll come back up and everything good, but sometiems it will come back with the original image that froze and will crash back to the home screen. After it does that normally the camera will work, I'm just worried that it will get worse:-\

IronyInaction

May 21, 2011
Visit site

Wondering if any of y'all are having the same issue. If i pull the camera app into the Launch ring and then try and take a picture the picture will take and then the image will freeze to where i cant take any more pictures. None of the capacitive buttons will respond except for the home button.

I just tried this on mine and sure enough, I have the same issue.

I'm also expeieincing two other issues, may have nothing to do with the phone though (overall, I'm still quite happy with it)

My Swype line has vanished, no idea how to get it back.

I've installed Google Voice and Handcent, but I cna't seem to be able to turn off Voice notification without Handcent no longer receiving texts at all, and I'm stuck with double notifications