[OFFICIAL] Droid X Gingerbread Impressions and Issues

aggienitewing

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Gb is good,but it keeps resetting after awhile.I notice its going to happen when the vignetting on the lockscreen goes away.Its usually after I play music for awhile.also the stock keyboard started going haywire.I doesnt want to stay up,so I had to switch to the swype keyboard.Idk why this is happening,but I hope they release a fix

ipkh

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
My Droid X got a reboot problem, 3G connection problem and call connect problems.
I have found that the 3G/Call Connection issues are generally solved by not using Wi-Fi, there seems to be an issue with radios switching on/off.
The random reboot problem will probably be fixed with the next update.
I won't be complaining about the time between updates as much after this Motorola screwup.

PS> I have done 3 factory resets, even Motorola Support don't have a clue about it. Verizon did agree to a warranty replacement, although I doubt it will make a difference.

kteasley

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm an inexpeirenced user with a question about Droid X Gingerbread. I inadvertantly added the "v-Cast" app to my phone's "dock". How do I remove it? Thank you.

balthuszar

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
My Droid X got a reboot problem, 3G connection problem and call connect problems.
I have found that the 3G/Call Connection issues are generally solved by not using Wi-Fi, there seems to be an issue with radios switching on/off.
I won't be complaining about the time between updates as much after this Motorola screwup.

PS> I have done 3 factory resets, even Motorola Support don't have a clue about it. Verizon did agree to a warranty replacement, although I doubt it will make a difference.

my husband has the DX and after the GB update, its been having the same problems...he has returned his DX two or three times since the update, and each warranty replacement has the same issues...the vzw rep that we deal with(she has an X and we will only deal with her) told us yesterday that she refuses to do the GB update because of the issues she heard people having with their X after the update. also, not sure if this means anything, but i am on a rooted OG Droid, which as soon as CM7 came out i flashed to my phone, and my OG started doing the same thing, along with giving crappy battery life(like majorly crappy...from full charge to 5% in less than an hour), did a warranty replacement on that phone, and rooted the replacement phone, and flashed liquid gingerbread, same issues, though without the battery life issue...i think the reboots and connectivity issues may be a gingerbread issue on motorola...

KJoFan

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Seems unlikely these issues some are having post GB update would be a hardware/Motorola problem when there are a bunch of people (myself included) that have seen increased performance from our DX's after updating to GB.

I would be more likely to think it is perhaps a software issue with some apps out there or something.

Hard to say though. Bummer for those having issues though.

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Last night the DX locked up and rebooted like it does every night. This morning I had 4 bars but no connections in or out and 00:00 calls. I rebooted again. Then Google Music decided it needed to reload all of my offline music - ALL OF IT. What a POS! I finally called VZW and complained. Level 2 tech support was totally ignorant as expected and are sending out a new phone.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Last night the DX locked up and rebooted like it does every night. This morning I had 4 bars but no connections in or out and 00:00 calls. I rebooted again. Then Google Music decided it needed to reload all of my offline music - ALL OF IT. What a POS! I finally called VZW and complained. Level 2 tech support was totally ignorant as expected and are sending out a new phone.
My DX is slowing getting worse. Was listening to a podcast and it just rebooted. Then I went to make a phone call and when I pressed the green call button it opened up the DLNA settings screen. Then it made the call and during the call made another call to the same number and just jumped into that call. GPS took about 5 minutes to lock on this morning and its been lagging like hell.

And this is after i wiped it after the GB download went crappy. I wish HTC had something good coming down the line. Ive had it with this DX but the only good thing coming next is the bionic which is also Motorola.

Also bluetooth never locks in. I always have to rescan the devices back in for them to work. The LED lights still dont work for some apps.

I never thought id say this but i wish i had Froyo back.

matthewdlyons

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site

I'm experiencing the same thing. Very frustrating. I do wonder, as some others have suggested, that it may be a problem with some of the apps, because the DX only reboots when I am streaming music. I've also noticed that when I try to toggle WiFi or the 3G signal on and off using SwitchPro, I will have problems with the 3G signal returning. I have to reboot to restore the 3G signal. Interestingly enough, my wife has a DX and hasn't mentioned any issues since the GB update. She also has SwitchPro, but usually leaves her Bluetooth signal on, and rarely - if ever - turns on WiFi. I am certain she never turns off the 3G antenna.

I am reluctantly considering doing a factory reset and SD card reformat to see if that helps. I had the same reboot issues under un-rooted Froyo. The problems went away entirely when I rooted and flashed Liberty. I am starting to regret updating, and may flash back to Froyo and root again.

Buffalo

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Seems unlikely these issues some are having post GB update would be a hardware/Motorola problem when there are a bunch of people (myself included) that have seen increased performance from our DX's after updating to GB.

I would be more likely to think it is perhaps a software issue with some apps out there or something.

Hard to say though. Bummer for those having issues though.

Moto has indeed acknowledged that it is a GB issue and a fix is on the way (no timetable given however)

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I just updated my DX to rooted Gingerbread today. i am trying to reinstall my apps and every download in the Market fails. I have tried rebooting, pulling my battery, unmounting and remounting my SD card, etc. Nothing is working. They all try to install at the same time, so I have also tried cancelling a bunch of them out, but the ones remaining still fail.

Anything else I can try?

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I just updated my DX to rooted Gingerbread today. i am trying to reinstall my apps and every download in the Market fails. I have tried rebooting, pulling my battery, unmounting and remounting my SD card, etc. Nothing is working. They all try to install at the same time, so I have also tried cancelling a bunch of them out, but the ones remaining still fail.

Anything else I can try?
Now it is also telling me, The Requested item could not be found. I have the Content filtering set to Show all Apps.

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone been able to find a solution for the GPS issue? Before GB, using Google maps and the navigation was spot on. Fast on finding your location and giving you directions. With GB last Friday I spent over 10 minutes before it could even locate me and even then it didn't give me directions for another 5 minutes. With Froyo it was perfect, now it's pure trash. Please say a fix has been found or Moto & Verizon now of this issue. I doubt its a Google Maps issue, but who knows. FYI: I have calibrated the GPS, done multiple factory resets and so forth, still to no avail.

EDIT: After some searching I came about this https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/52677?tstart=150

eagene said:
I had this problem and I found a fix! I used GPS Status & Toolbox by EclipSim.
Menu - tools - manage a-gps state
I did a reset followed by a download

Now my GPS is getting a fix very quickly again!

The directions seemed to simple for it to work, but in the end I can't believe it actually fixed the problem. I'm honestly impressed. Time to donate to this developer for the paid version. Hope this helps any fellow DX owners with this issue. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: albokay

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Phone is up and running with rooted Gingerbread. After a lot of time and patience, I now have all my apps back with user settings intact. The interface is neater and seems faster. I like it so far.

grnsl2

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noticed any GPS problems in 2.3.3? I noticed that it takes longer to get a lock and doesn't keep that lock like it did before I updated. Basically what I mean here is that in Google Maps it seems like I spend more time with a blue circle around the arrow than just the arrow. This is important to me because I use an app for running (runkeeper). The idea of using my phone for this is much more appealing that spending the money on a GPS watch. Anyway, I just thought I would check to see if others were having this problem.

P.S. Forgive me if this was already mentioned in this thread. I used the search tool and didn't get any relevant results for 'GPS' in this thread.

Yes, I just mentioned this to my wife the other day and wondered if she had. She does not use for gps nearly as much as I. Sometimes it's a dead on lock, very quick, I wonder if it's a weather app that got the gps lock previously or something. Other times I
sit for minutes. I have an old blackberry curve that use to do the same crap. Not fun.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itistho