[WIP]DarkTemor's A2SD for the replenish [update 8/28/2011]

tentonbricks

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP]DarkTemor's A2SD for the replenish [update 8/8/2011]

Let me add to the chorus saying that this is going to be fantastic if we can get this working!

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: [WIP]DarkTemor's A2SD for the replenish [update 8/9/2011]

actually it has to do with init.d, now that i know hot to get odin working ill try to make a qucik "custom" kernel for yall that has support for it

ronald600

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

actually it has to do with init.d, now that i know hot to get odin working ill try to make a qucik "custom" kernel for yall that has support for it
I wonder if Sprint knows how many of these phones have been sold because of the awesome support provided here by people who really like the phone.:D:D
It seems like REAL Developers and Users have figured out a way around the short comings of the phone

bodyman

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, then the code will work. I was also trying to get odin to work also. I seriously need to install linux on my computer. But my famiky is to much Windows orientated.

ronald600

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, then the code will work. I was also trying to get odin to work also. I seriously need to install linux on my computer. But my famiky is to much Windows orientated.

You could always run a Live version of linux that way the windoze would never be touched and you could still use the windoze hard drive for storage

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

actually if you want linux like that, use wubi. do a google search to find out more, but concept is ubuntu installs as a program in windows. if you dont want/need linux anymore then you uninstall wubi in windows and bam no harm done

bodyman

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

actually if you want linux like that, use wubi. do a google search to find out more, but concept is ubuntu installs as a program in windows. if you dont want/need linux anymore then you uninstall wubi in windows and bam no harm done

No, I personally prefer linux with xterm being my favorite gui. But as late, most of the time I use either my or my phone to do my major internet crap.

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

There is always using virtual machines, too. I miss my desktop, I'd love to have linux back but this laptop doesn't have much memory for running virtual machines

bodyman

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Going to learn how to make a kernel. And install linux tonight.

To Shabby: if you get your kernel made, then send our to me to test.

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

it will take me all of about 20 mins to make a test kernel for ya. have you tried flashing the mod in cwm yet?

bodyman

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

Ok, tried to get this to load through CWM and no luck. Am going to have to make a kernel for this. But I did get it to install, but we need init.d support like shabby said.

Installing wubi now, and then try to get this to work. I hope that by the weekend I'll have this working. :p

But first I must make a kernel that supports this. And then there will be two different methods to install this. One with CWM and the other through adb, for those that do not want CWM.

Reactions: fencerjared

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: [WIP]DarkTemor's A2SD for the replenish [update 8/11/2011]

https://psp-1.com/

here is a test kernel for yall, it has init.d support as well as removing sprints logmein service. i also made adb start on boot as root.

let me know how it works for ya bodyman, flash in odin just like cwm

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

not yet, have to use odin for now trying to test on teh prevail a method of flashing kerenls, no idea about what will or wont work

bodyman

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

https://psp-1.com/

here is a test kernel for yall, it has init.d support as well as removing sprints logmein service. i also made adb start on boot as root.

let me know how it works for ya bodyman, flash in odin just like cwm

Will do this after I get home tonight. As I don't have access to a computer at work. (I am just a lowly worker)

Shabby, we need to get together, so you can show me the basics. It had been to long since I ran linux. I think at least 4-5 years ago.

init.d is like instructions for the kernel, hithere