HSPA+ Battery Life

jemcmichael

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait till this phone drops! I've been following phones for the past few months and the one thing I keep reading on Sprint and VZW forums is how their 4G phones get drained quickly due to either LTE or WiMax. Will HSPA+ have the same effect?

dewhite04

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Anandtech had a pretty thoughtful review of the International SGSII. The linked page is the conclusion, including some discussion about battery life. Not the best across the board, but better than a lot of the competition out there...

Reactions: TBayTom

Myself

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the international version and use it on AT&T. It does seem to stay on 3G until you need the data, then it will switch to H+ (at least that's what the icons are showing). I've only had it a few days, so take this with a grain of salt, but battery life has so far exceeded my expectations. Yesterday I was using it quite a lot during the day between phone calls, e-mails, browsing, and just playing around with different settings and by around 7pm (12 hours) it still had 53% life left. I used it heavily the rest of the night and around 11pm it finally dipped to 15%. My previous phone was the HTC Inspire, and I was consistently hitting around 20% by 6-7pm with light to moderate use. It's still not the greatest, and won't be as good as the iphone or a blackberry, but it's more than enough to get through a solid day with normal usage without giving me cause for worry or feeling I need a charger at hand at all times.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I have the international version and use it on AT&T. It does seem to stay on 3G until you need the data, then it will switch to H+ (at least that's what the icons are showing). I've only had it a few days, so take this with a grain of salt, but battery life has so far exceeded my expectations. Yesterday I was using it quite a lot during the day between phone calls, e-mails, browsing, and just playing around with different settings and by around 7pm (12 hours) it still had 53% life left. I used it heavily the rest of the night and around 11pm it finally dipped to 15%. My previous phone was the HTC Inspire, and I was consistently hitting around 20% by 6-7pm with light to moderate use. It's still not the greatest, and won't be as good as the iphone or a blackberry, but it's more than enough to get through a solid day with normal usage without giving me cause for worry or feeling I need a charger at hand at all times.

That's weird. It may be something with AT&T handsets always displaying HSPA+ regardless of what is going on. Or you are switching back and forth.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky