List new things you noticed after update

OptimusNotPrime

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
How is everyone's 4g data speeds with gingerbread now compared to froyos speed. Also has anyone had any reboots with stock gingerbread?

I've Actually been having slower speeds. But i think there is something wrong with the Verizon towers right now in Rancho Cucamonga,CA My data has Been Wacky lately so probably the towers

jcastag

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that no matter how much time you give VZW to put together and update they will still break something that is vital and basic to the phones use. In this case it was vm notification.

If I was VZW and HTC I would fire every person that was responsible for testing and approval of this software. There is no way that this went unnoticed.

XXI

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Now when I put my phone in a car cradle to charge first it doesnt go into Car Panel mode as before and when its in the cradle and I have the phone horizontal it still stays in the vertical mode but only does this for the main screens not apps:-\. Anyone having this problem?

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
With extended or stock battery?

Given the fact that I'm burning battery (on extended) at a rate of just under 10% per hour (at my desk with poor signal, and using the screen for a good bit of that, so I'm not complaining)... He's gotta be using an extended battery he purchased at NAPA Auto Parts. :D

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
So far, the only thing I noticed that I wasn't already aware about was the new notification icon for GMail. Other than that, I saw the quick settings in the notification bar, as well as the spruced up app drawer, but I already knew about both of those.

I was excited when I had heard that the update was supposedly going to include a trace (Swype-like) keyboard, and I didn't have a chance to look for it, myself, but from what I hear, this was not a part of the update. :(

jaytua

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
How come my GPS takes longer to lock in now? Before update, it was instant. Now takes like 20 seconds to lock in. Any suggestions?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine takes 2 seconds. Yes, I actually timed it!
I haven't lost data today either (fingers crossed)

Very minor but I liked the old gmail notifier much better.

Last edited:

gman101010

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Using the extended battery, but will probably go back to stock to save the weight. 9 hours now and battery shows 95%, 4g all day long in Salt Lake City and 2 hours on Pandora with bluetooth.

Andy19

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Using the extended battery, but will probably go back to stock to save the weight. 9 hours now and battery shows 95%, 4g all day long in Salt Lake City and 2 hours on Pandora with bluetooth.

Wow. That's quite impressive.

My nitpicking "problem" at the moment would be when I click on the weather app, they got rid of the "update when opened" option. Is it hiding somewhere by chance?

Other than that, I'm not a big fan of the "app drawer", but so far so good otherwise.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Dear goodness me, the GPS is smooth now. Instead of giving me location in stuttery jumps, the GPS feeds continuous location now. Lock was pretty instant before, no change to that.

GPS nav is now hands-down the best I've seen on anything I've owned.

Battery seems a bit better so far. Jury is still out on that.

jf2go

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Very minor but I liked the old gmail notifier much better.

Agreed! I also like the old Gmail notification better - the light grey icon on black is much harder to see. I don't know why they don't have the message count in green on top of the homescreen icon like mail and messages. That would make it very easy.

Firespyer

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Now when I put my phone in a car cradle to charge first it doesnt go into Car Panel mode as before and when its in the cradle and I have the phone horizontal it still stays in the vertical mode but only does this for the main screens not apps:-\. Anyone having this problem?

I am having the same issues with the car dock.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk Pro

stvlg1

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

Noticed that too. Unplug your charger before putting it in the car dock. This worked for me. Seems odd though, you didn't have to do this before.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Dear goodness me, the GPS is smooth now. Instead of giving me location in stuttery jumps, the GPS feeds continuous location now. Lock was pretty instant before, no change to that.

GPS nav is now hands-down the best I've seen on anything I've owned.

Battery seems a bit better so far. Jury is still out on that.

Yes, I was glad they fixed that annoying dropping of satellites every few seconds problem with MR2. I can't beleive more people didnt complain about that.

Whosurdaddy

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
A couple important thing to me:

- I can copy/paste text directly to the phone dialer
- Calendaring (I know, not a word) now lets me do common tasks like send an email to a meeting invite, reply to all, etc - overall, calendar is much better

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sams_s22plus