[MOD] - CRT Power Down Animation - gROM / Opti-ROM

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
This will add the Gingerbread CRT Power Down Animation to gROM and Opti-ROM!

[NOTE]
They are for versions of gROM 1.0, 1.1, 1.1.5. This mod is now standard in gROM 1.2 and up!
This is also compatible with version .1 of Opti-ROM​
[/NOTE]

[INFO]
Attached are 4 files. Two files for each ROM. One to add CRT Animations and one to Remove them if you get tired of them.
Make sure you choose the correct file for the appropriate ROM!
[/INFO]

[WARN]These are based on both ROM's stock theme. If you apply this mod it will revert you to the stock theme for each ROM. [/WARN]

[WARN]
MAKE A NANDROID BACK UP BEFORE FLASHING!​
[/WARN]

Here is what they look like. For some reason this OS will not do the power up but does do the power down very nicely! IMHO that is optimal because the power up animation is annoying.

Enjoy!

-Scott

Please hit the Thanks and Like button if you enjoy this offering!

Last edited:

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I will consider making this mod for other themes. Please feel free to request a theme if you want. I cannot say for certain when it would get done between all my open projects but would be happy to try when I have free time.

Attached is a file with all the tools and step by step instructions that you can use to mod your favorite theme.

Last edited:
Reactions: tmbs3

reltm

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
cool - I love that little CRT graphic! I'll report back if I get a chance to try this out (not yet on ZVH... almost there)

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I hear ya but I can't live without the notification bar power widget...

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

Totally understandable! I will be adding that in coming days to gROM. Its a lot of work and i have to balance my time between Evo 3D, Optimus S, and real life! lol

viper42391

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
It says this is default in gROM 1.2 and that it just needs to be turned on.. Am I missing something, or is it only in 1.2 and not later versions? I just flashed 2.1 and I don't see an option for it. Do I need to flash this to get it?

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
It says this is default in gROM 1.2 and that it just needs to be turned on.. Am I missing something, or is it only in 1.2 and not later versions? I just flashed 2.1 and I don't see an option for it. Do I need to flash this to get it?

No its in 2.x as well.

em072205

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Nope, haven't done that yet. Still trying to get everything set back up as I was using CM7--had to go all the way back to stock and back. I'm going to shut it down and see what happens.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Are you trying to apply this to CM7? If not it wont work. IF you have a custom theme on Opti or gROM it will revert it back to the stock theme.

2fasteddie

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
How do you enable it? I do not see it also in the 2.1.

I'm using 2.1 and I'm pretty sure it was on by default, I'm also using a custom theme and it still works. I don't remember enabling it anywhere. At first I thought it was a glitch of some sort lol but I like it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onais