ok i'm stuck

JimFlyerFan

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I decided to take the plunge this morning and root my Rezound... problem is that when i run SDK manager and try to install the platform tools, i get the following message

Preparing to install archives
Downloading Android SDK Platform-tools, revision 10
Failed to create directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\temp
Done. Nothing was installed.

i have reinstall the SDK program and it still doesnt work... any ideas on what my next step is?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

JimFlyerFan

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
well i got the bootloader unlocked... the third time was the charm as far as the android SDK program goes... now i just need to figure out this root and custom recovery business and i'll be hooked up

JimFlyerFan

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
OK i followed the instructions above and was able to root... i created a nandroid backup as suggested and it was created successfully.
i decided to TRY installing the CLEAN ROM 2.3... i loaded the zip file directly on my external SD card.
i did all of the following per the instructions
Reboot to recovery
Wipe all data / Factory reset - Do not restore anything from back up. Do not ask in the thread if you can. You will be referred back to here!
Flash ROM
ROM will boot to fastboot when installation is complete
Press Power to install the kernel / boot.img
Reboot

now i'm stuck at a white HTC screen and its been there for 5 minutes.
I have no idea what to do.

JimFlyerFan

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
well... pulled the battery and booted to recovery... phone asked me if i wanted to update... i chose yes... rebooted again... now its stuck at the 4G LTE screen... ugh.

JimFlyerFan

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
here's what i think i know... i appear to be stuck in HBOOT loop... when i try to boot in recovery... it immediately goes to hboot
then it says "Parsing...[SD ZIP]
[1] BOOT
do you want to start update?
<vol up> yes
<vol down> no

no matter what i select, whenever it reboots, it gets hung up at the 4G LTE screeen.

I have no idea what to do now, except maybe delete the zip file from my SD Card... assuming my PC will still see it as a drive
any advice would be appreciated

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
well... pulled the battery and booted to recovery... phone asked me if i wanted to update... i chose yes... rebooted again... now its stuck at the 4G LTE screen... ugh.

Uh, I would be patient, the first boot after installing a new ROM can take a little longer than normal

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
here's what i think i know... i appear to be stuck in HBOOT loop... when i try to boot in recovery... it immediately goes to hboot
then it says "Parsing...[SD ZIP]
[1] BOOT
do you want to start update?
<vol up> yes
<vol down> no

no matter what i select, whenever it reboots, it gets hung up at the 4G LTE screeen.

I have no idea what to do now, except maybe delete the zip file from my SD Card... assuming my PC will still see it as a drive
any advice would be appreciated

If it is a boot loop problem, then I would search the forum for a solution. Fortunately for me, I have not experienced this problem and do not know how to resolve it. Good luck though. There's lots of folks here that can probably help you.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Amon Ra... i need to see if i can find an SD card reader so i can delete this custom rom... see if that works

Amon Ra is a good choice, very reliable. I don't thing wiping the rom from you microSD card will help, as the rom has probably installed onto your phone. But you could put a different Rom on it, wipe your phone, and start over with a new Rom, or if you have a Nandroid and can boot into recovery, restore the Nandroid.

JimFlyerFan

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I need to figure out how to transfer the nandroid file on my external SD card to the internal one on the phones memory... or to download another ROM like you said and see if that will work
of course i am flying by the seat of my pants with no clue WTH i am doing ... oh well... live and learn

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Can you boot into recovery by taking the battery out, putting it back in, then press and hold the volume down button and power button.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
What version of Amon Ra did you use? I found that the newer versions caused me to get stuck in a loop like you suggested.

Though I'm not entirely sure it's the same problem as you say you were able to install the ROM already.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte19