software uprade not coming till may

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
The news is disappointing, this phone has had the slowest update schedule of any smartphone I've owned over the last 4 years. I think I'm going to give up on my GN all together and sell it and stick to the RAZR MAXX which is working perfectly. I so much wanted to end up liking the GN.

You think this is slow? Heck, I'm still waiting for Froyo for my FASN8*

*kidding. Old FASN8 joke. :)

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Well this seals the deal, this phone is going back. I paid good money for this phone and by God I want an update NOW. I don't care if it fixes anything, don't care if it causes more problems, I just want it,I am entitled to upgrades anytime I want them, and I'm ready now. Push it out rush it to my phone and turn this G Nex into my Droid X that was broken more than fixed with the Gbread update.
Thanks but no thanks,I don't care if it takes 2 more months as long as it works correctly when I get it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Well this seals the deal, this phone is going back. I paid good money for this phone and by God I want an update NOW. I don't care if it fixes anything, don't care if it causes more problems, I just want it,I am entitled to upgrades anytime I want them, and I'm ready now. Push it out rush it to my phone and turn this G Nex into my Droid X that was broken more than fixed with the Gbread update.
Thanks but no thanks,I don't care if it takes 2 more months as long as it works correctly when I get it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Come on, we're not talking about an update to add new features to the phone. We're talking about an update to fix basic problems that make the basic operation of the phone unusable to many people. Also, we're going on 5 months, not like we're complaining two weeks after the phone was released. I at least waited two months before I started complaining about my non working phone. Verizon talked me into keeping the phone by telling me my issues were known issues and an update was being released in "late January" to fix the known bugs.

harleyb16

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
4.0.4 didn't fix my signal dropping issues either, so I'm hopeful there's a 4.0.5 on the way.

I have to add that having an LTE device drop the connection with such regularity - and to not have an update for six months, is unacceptable. The "normal" upgrade schedule is once every two years, so we've been stuck with buggy devices for 1/4 of that time (so far).

Six months? How long has this phone been out again?Pretty sure four.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Regardless, this is getting a little ridiculous. I did update my phone to 4.0.4 but it wasn't an OTA. Having to wait this long for an OTA to fix "known" issues is garbage. MAYBE, and that's a BIG maybe, this update is being delayed because of the problems the GSM nexus is having with reception after their update. Either way, if I were one of the ones still stuck on 4.0.2 I would be having a fit too, 4 months is a long time to have a phone that doesn't work properly as a phone.

I can see at least half of the 4.0.2 users on this forum returning their phone if this ota isn't perfect simply because they've been waiting so long for it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
This is the least surprising thing I've read today.

Also, according to my internal systems I'm President of Switzerland? WTF? (Don't worry guys, trust me, I can't take a photo b/c my cabinet members are here and you know how they get with that ish.)

:p

Reactions: Jackamus

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
This is the least surprising thing I've read today.

Also, according to my internal systems I'm President of Switzerland? WTF? (Don't worry guys, trust me, I can't take a photo b/c my cabinet members are here and you know how they get with that ish.)

:p

Oh you got jokes.

Sorry not risking my job to take pictures while managers are around me.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
No, I've got an exceptionally well fed dog named Skepticism. He replaces my dearly departed cat, Gullibility.

Who names their dog skepticism and cat gullibility. You sir need to Google better pet names.

And feel free to look at other posts of mine about info . I have posted photo in the past but due to the little area I work in now it makes it hard. So pardon me for providing info but I felt it was necessary after seeing the one post about the guy unrooting because update was coming this month I was preventing people from wasting their time waiting this month.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Oh thank god I was just thinking there needed to be another thread for people to whine about updates in...

To stop from being a complete troll... Everyone upset could take one evening to learn up on unlocking and rooting, and could be running 4.0.4 with upgraded radios within an hour... just sayin.

The problem with that thinking is that you're assuming the people who haven't done it don't know how to do it.
I'm sure there are plenty of people who know how (like me), but have chosen not to do so, at least not yet.

Reactions: Jackamus

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Yep, that would be me too. I know how to root, have rooted my previous phone. But I want to wait for the OTA update this time. I am frustrated too with the long wait, but I feel that in the end it will be worth the wait.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Who names their dog skepticism and cat gullibility. You sir need to Google better pet names.

And feel free to look at other posts of mine about info . I have posted photo in the past but due to the little area I work in now it makes it hard. So pardon me for providing info but I felt it was necessary after seeing the one post about the guy unrooting because update was coming this month I was preventing people from wasting their time waiting this month.

lol.

We'll see.

vulnox

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
While I appreciate it if you are posting as a VZW internal etc. etc.

The only hole is, I know for sure that if my bosses would get mad at me doing a screenshot and posting important info, they sure as well would be just as upset with me wasting time at a forum for a phone where I am basically typing out the same info.

Taking a quick ctrl+prtscr shot so it just gets the browser window and then putting it in the web page would take all of 10 seconds and could be done with almost the entire window hidden to the side.

Its like, "Oh you are making a post on Reddit about our internal phone software update schedule? Carry on, but don't you DARE provide any solid evidence from an internal site showing only that evidence and really changing nothing as far as we are concerned!"

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
While I appreciate it if you are posting as a VZW internal etc. etc.

The only hole is, I know for sure that if my bosses would get mad at me doing a screenshot and posting important info, they sure as well would be just as upset with me wasting time at a forum for a phone where I am basically typing out the same info.

Taking a quick ctrl+prtscr shot so it just gets the browser window and then putting it in the web page would take all of 10 seconds and could be done with almost the entire window hidden to the side.

Its like, "Oh you are making a post on Reddit about our internal phone software update schedule? Carry on, but don't you DARE provide any solid evidence from an internal site showing only that evidence and really changing nothing as far as we are concerned!"

Not to mention there's probably no difference at all employment wise between blabbing with a photo or blabbing with words. You let the cat out of the bag regardless.

With a photo it might be more damning, but really, it's all the same.

(if true)

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Not to mention there's probably no difference at all employment wise between blabbing with a photo or blabbing with words. You let the cat out of the bag regardless.

With a photo it might be more damning, but really, it's all the same.

(if true)

As true as this.all is I work for hitler and a picture is more risky. I mean when I get back Tuesday I can try to.get one quick. I don't think its all that big of a secret to leak this info they provide these forums for us to provide customers information and find bug fixes .

veloslave#AC

Banned
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Oh thank god I was just thinking there needed to be another thread for people to whine about updates in...

To stop from being a complete troll... Everyone upset could take one evening to learn up on unlocking and rooting, and could be running 4.0.4 with upgraded radios within an hour... just sayin.

That may be fine for you... and it is just "meh, ok" for me since I don't think I should have to resort to such measures but still have... BUT what about people that are not techie at all... I guess you think they are trolls or complainers unless they are willing to take a chance on screwing up their phone? Or even more simple... what about they just SHOULDN'T HAVE TO? They bought a phone... not a hobby!

Not everyone is cool with rooting nor should they have to be and they DEFINITELY should not have to be putting up with 4.0.2 which is a useless POS.

Not everyone is as cool as you are... and just another simple reason for not rooting is why should people have to wipe all their data and setup effort they have put into their tool/work device/phone? Verizon is lagging big time... even their employees think so and not just the OP. I have been with them for 10 years... i700, i730, xv6800, DINC and now the GNEX and this time around they put out a phone THAT WAS NOT READY to do what they promised nor have they backed it up with new firmware in even close to a timely fashion.... don't bother with google or samsung this or that, even though they may share the blame THEY did not sell us the phone and THEY are not responsible for supporting it.

OR... put it this way...

lighten up dude

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
That may be fine for you... and it is just "meh, ok" for me since I don't think I should have to resort to such measures but still have... BUT what about people that are not techie at all... I guess you think they are trolls or complainers unless they are willing to take a chance on screwing up their phone? Or even more simple... what about they just SHOULDN'T HAVE TO? They bought a phone... not a hobby!

Not everyone is cool with rooting nor should they have to be and they DEFINITELY should not have to be putting up with 4.0.2 which is a useless POS.

Not everyone is as cool as you are... and just another simple reason for not rooting is why should people have to wipe all their data and setup effort they have put into their tool/work device/phone? Verizon is lagging big time... even their employees think so and not just the OP. I have been with them for 10 years... i700, i730, xv6800, DINC and now the GNEX and this time around they put out a phone THAT WAS NOT READY to do what they promised nor have they backed it up with new firmware in even close to a timely fashion.... don't bother with google or samsung this or that, even though they may share the blame THEY did not sell us the phone and THEY are not responsible for supporting it.

OR... put it this way...

lighten up dude

You apparently have no idea whatsoever how Nexus devices work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strongfirm