AT&T Order Status Thread

AZbear

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
UPS tracking says in Louisville with delivery scheduled for 5/4 by the end of the day. In my email from AT&T I see the following
Activate your Phone:

In order to activate your Phone and utilize the entire suite of features included in your service you MUST follow these steps IN ORDER:

Step 1 - Copy contacts to the SIM card in your old phone.

Step 2 - Remove the SIM card from your old phone and install it into your new phone.

Step 3 - Charge your new phone.

Step 4 - Log into your online account to verify your IMEI(unique number for your device) at att.com/updatedevice.

Step 5 - Turn your new phone ON & make a test call.

• If your test call is not successful contact us.

My current phone has a regular sim and not a micro so I need to go to AT&T. Do I have to wait or can I get a micro sim now and then use it when I get the phone?

Bear

newbey123

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
LIke you, my current phone uses a regular sim card. I an pretty sure a micro sim is included in your order, it is with mine as I ordered through AT&T. So you just use the new one they are sending you.

Reactions: AZbear

terrrrrible

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
My current phone has a regular sim and not a micro so I need to go to AT&T. Do I have to wait or can I get a micro sim now and then use it when I get the phone?

Bear

Where did you order your phone from? If you ordered it directly from AT&T, check your order and see if there is something about a MicroSIM card, they should be sending you one.

5tephen

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I didn't order through AT&T, I ordered through the AAFES Exchange. I'm still waiting on a shipment confirmation e-mail. It still says waiting for fulfillment.

JAN9494

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine 4/22 basically right when it was available for preorder. UPS tracking says it won't be here until Monday May 7th. Everyone else has been saying theirs will arrive around Friday. I'm located in GA. So I'm really frustrated because I'm getting mine later than everyone else and I was one of the first ones to preorder.

newbey123

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine 4/22 basically right when it was available for preorder. UPS tracking says it won't be here until Monday May 7th. Everyone else has been saying theirs will arrive around Friday. I'm located in GA. So I'm really frustrated because I'm getting mine later than everyone else and I was one of the first ones to preorder.

There was another member here who is in the same situation as you, ordered really early and phone won't arrive until 5/7. That sucks.

I would contact AT&T and at least try to get a discount of some sort.

JAN9494

May 4, 2012
Visit site
There was another member here who is in the same situation as you, ordered really early and phone won't arrive until 5/7. That sucks.

I would contact AT&T and at least try to get a discount of some sort.

When I found out about RadioShack selling the one x for $150 and on Slickdeals for $50 I tried calling AT&T to get a price match and they said that they couldn't do that. I'm really disappointed in AT&T and UPS for not shipping on Saturdays. The phone isn't even out and I pretty much paid $150 extra!

newbey123

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
When I found out about RadioShack selling the one x for $150 and on Slickdeals for $50 I tried calling AT&T to get a price match and they said that they couldn't do that. I'm really disappointed in AT&T and UPS for not shipping on Saturdays. The phone isn't even out and I pretty much paid $150 extra!

I do believe that UPS does deliever on Saturday, so there is the possibility it could show up then, it's just that Saturday cost more if I am not mistaken.

I would keep checking the status and maybe it will actually show up tororrow or saturday. I will be sending good vibes bud. :)

murdermitten

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
They don't have to promise you the device before Sunday, thats launch.

Pre-orders guarantee you a device, incase it sells out, not a guarantee to get it early.

Mine is coming on Monday, thems the breaks kids.

I can wait one extra day, its just a phone.

AZbear

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Where did you order your phone from? If you ordered it directly from AT&T, check your order and see if there is something about a MicroSIM card, they should be sending you one.

I oirdered mine from the AT&T web site on 4/22. My order did not mention a MicroSIM. I did an early upgrade on my existing line so they might be assuming I have a Microsim already.

lotalota

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I wonder why they're shipping from Dallas? HTC's headquarters is in Bellevue, Washington. I assume they're made in Taiwan? Airfreight or ship over to Texas, then UPS 'em out?

Last edited:

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I oirdered mine from the AT&T web site on 4/22. My order did not mention a MicroSIM. I did an early upgrade on my existing line so they might be assuming I have a Microsim already.

Holy thats a lot of money they told me an early upgrade would cost me an extra 156 dollars to 250 i tol them to go to hell ill just wait till january when im supposed to up grade

AZbear

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I wonder why they're shipping from Dallas? HTC's headquarters is in Bellevue, Washington. I assume they're made in Taiwan? Airfreight or ship over to Texas, then UPS 'em out?

Because AT&Ts largest warehouse and their headquarters are in Dallas