We Got 2 ROM's!!!

Isaiah.Israel

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted to let the spectrum community know that we now have 2 custom roms for our phone! It's been a long time coming but we are finally getting some attention from devs and we now have 2 amazing roms thanks to mtmichaelson and nitroglycerine33. Everyone who uses and likes them should consider donating to them as they have put in a lot of hard work to make our phones better and more fun to use! thank you so much guys!

Here are the links to the roms which are both based off the latest gingerbread version 2.3.6

mtmichaelson's Broken Out Spectrum w/ Blitzkrieg Kernel: [Rom][5-3-12]Broken Out Spectrum 2.0 w/ Blitzkrieg Kernel - Android Forums

nitroglycerine33's Eclipse: [ROM] Eclipse Spectrum v0.1 (5/6/12))

Last edited:

Isaiah.Israel

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Woah! Can't wait to try!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

I've used both. Just flashed to eclipse today and so far it's running nice. It's not as refined as broken out yet but nitro just released it yesterday, whereas broken out has been out for over a month. Eclipse is a work in progress as nitro says on his thread. broken out is beast. People are scoring over 7500 in antutu with it. I got 6186 with eclipse earlier which is decent. But broken out has an overclockable kernel and the gpu comes overclocked as well. So it's going to score higher for those reasons alone.

It's going to be exciting to see how both these roms develop over time. Especially when ICS comes out!

magoxr

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Do any of these ROMs use the ADW launcher? I like this phone. The sensitivity of the screen is awesome. Nothing against GB, but I just want ICS already!

Isaiah.Israel

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Do any of these ROMs use the ADW launcher? I like this phone. The sensitivity of the screen is awesome. Nothing against GB, but I just want ICS already!

I'm using adw now. I have 8 different launchers installed on my phone. Broken out comes with launcher pro and eclipse currently comes with go. But that will change I think. But it doesn't matter what they come with because you can use whatever launcher you like best.

blkmobil

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to all of this and don't know the signficance of ROM. How does this help me? How do I use it? Is it reversible? etc.

Thanks in advance!
:D

Isaiah.Israel

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
A rom is basically a new operating system. They tend to be faster, with better battery life, and much more fun to use!

If you have problems then you can uninstall them and go back to stock with a simple process. Just start reading and in no time you'll be ready to flash a fresh new rom! It will seem intimidating at first but once you learn the process and do it you'll see how easy it all is.

Reactions: blkmobil

Isaiah.Israel

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
WOOHOO! broken out is a great rom!

I'm still running eclipse for now but who ever comes out with an update first will be what i flash next!

hollywoodS14

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
MT is working on an update for Broken Out... he has referenced some more theme work and more kernel tweaks for Blitzkrieg. Popcorn has almosted seem to went stale. I can wait for eclipse to be fully finished then i will probably flash it and see what all the hoopla is about.

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
How easy is it to underclock the CPU under Broken Out? How about the GPU? I don't want either one overclocked, just undervolted and maybe underclocked too.

If the ROM is really that smooth, underclocking and undervolting should still allow for excellent usability and even better battery life.

And these rebooting issues really concern me. The Bluetooth issue doesn't, though, since I don't use it for anything.

Sent from my LG Spectrum using Tapatalk

Isaiah.Israel

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
there's no rebooting issue with the rom. It's user related. Don't overclock it and you won't get reboots. I've run broken out for days without a reboot if I wasn't overclocking.

As far as the gpu goes it comes overclocked and you can't change it. but it's not something you will see or really even matter for that matter. And sure you can underclock the cpu no problem and it will run fine. I even get pretty smooth operating at 800mhz as I've run it at that speed a lot. It all depends on your setup though.

Isaiah.Israel

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
MT is working on an update for Broken Out... he has referenced some more theme work and more kernel tweaks for Blitzkrieg. Popcorn has almosted seem to went stale. I can wait for eclipse to be fully finished then i will probably flash it and see what all the hoopla is about.

If you've never used eclipse then you are in for a treat as nitro does an excellent job on themeing and presenting a very professional UI.

He works on a bunch of different phones though so updates may not come as often as they have with broken out. But once he releases a rom as a final build there usually is no need for a major update because he test them thoroughly.

Nitro has to be one of the most popular rom devs around because he does roms for so many different phones, and people love them. I used his droid charge rom for the month before I got the spectrum and really enjoyed it.

hollywoodS14

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
How easy is it to underclock the CPU under Broken Out? How about the GPU? I don't want either one overclocked, just undervolted and maybe underclocked too.

If the ROM is really that smooth, underclocking and undervolting should still allow for excellent usability and even better battery life.

And these rebooting issues really concern me. The Bluetooth issue doesn't, though, since I don't use it for anything.

Sent from my LG Spectrum using Tapatalk

you and under/overclock using apps like Rom Tool Box or Setcpu. Im running OC'd to the max w/ lagfree governer. No reboots, great battery life. All phone are different though, there are some devices that cant handle the full overclocking. Just experiment untill you find your optimal set up.

just an fyi also... popcorn kernel has the ability to manually undervolt, unlike Blitzkrieg that comes already undervolted. The dev's of popcorn built in the ability to undervolt, but left it open for eash user to do so as they wish.

hollywoodS14

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
there is another Dev on android Forums trying to get a device. He is already doing some work on creating a rom. The devs od the popcorn kernel were also tossing around making a rom also. We could possibly have 4 roms before too long.

magoxr

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I just wish we had ICS pushed out sooner. I understand that there is tons of testing to be done but since for us ROM swappers it would be nice to get source!

dizy187

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Having problems with my phone charging while its shut off. Running broken out 1.3. Anyone else ?? Please let me know if there's a fix

dizy187

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
It's doing it on 2.0 also !! Wtf !! A steering wheel pops up in the upper left notification bar .. then the random reboot .. .. I NEED A NEW ROM !!! Ics. Wood b nice. .. but I'm.not holding my breath

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isaacmause