[RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 (latest update: 06/24/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I was trying to flash and audio patch from thekraven.

steps (doing it again now)

Start at main recovery menu.

- install zip from sdcard
-choose zip from sdcard
(make selection)
At "make a nandroid backup?
THIS IS RECOMMENDED!
- Yes - Make a backup
(da doo da doo da doo waiting.........)

Dang, correct GMT time stamp! It was a quirk, nevermind, but thanks for trying, next contestant please. :D

Idk why the phone chooses that date, but I've noticed this on the lockscreen after I pull my battery for a while and the phone "resets" itself. It will start up with the date as January 5, 1980 at 5:00pm, no matter what time it really is, then change to the correct date/time after a minute or so. Did you maybe do that then go to recovery before it updated itself?

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 (latest update: 06/24/201

Idk why the phone chooses that date, but I've noticed this on the lockscreen after I pull my battery for a while and the phone "resets" itself. It will start up with the date as January 5, 1980 at 5:00pm, no matter what time it really is, then change to the correct date/time after a minute or so. Did you maybe do that then go to recovery before it updated itself?

No, reboot from ROM to recovery via hold power. And I always, always plug the phone into the charger when do anything in recovery. I don't want power loss while doing anything in recovery. It was just another example of "S*** happens", but as a cybernetic scatologist, I document it. :)

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
No, reboot from ROM to recovery via hold power. And I always, always plug the phone into the charger when do anything in recovery. I don't want power loss while doing anything in recovery. It was just another example of "S*** happens", but as a cybernetic scatologist, I document it. :)

Alrighty then, just a theory :p Guess our phones are just all kinds of nostalgic for the 80's :D

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

I was trying to flash and audio patch from thekraven.

steps (doing it again now)

Start at main recovery menu.

- install zip from sdcard
-choose zip from sdcard
(make selection)
At "make a nandroid backup?
THIS IS RECOMMENDED!
- Yes - Make a backup
(da doo da doo da doo waiting.........)

Dang, correct GMT time stamp! It was a quirk, nevermind, but thanks for trying, next contestant please. :D

Oh, I forgot to mention, this HAS happened to me. it was a while ago. I remember going into the restore menu and seeing 1980 and being very confused.

Reactions: Pkt_Lnt

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Oh, I forgot to mention, this HAS happened to me. it was a while ago. I remember going into the restore menu and seeing 1980 and being very confused.

I strongly suspect there is something about Zhara's comment about being shut down and battery pull has something to do with it. During reboot to recovery, some circuit lost power enough to reset the clock. It cannot be reproduced, so no need to chase it down, it is not a bug in COT, but a non critical glitch in the phone hardware itself.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Drew, getting some more info on the 1980 date issue. thekraven's new CAI 16, 16b, 16c have flash / boot issues. A logcat shows that same date.
Code:
<6>[ 95.247333] request_suspend_state: wakeup (0->0) at 95251073299 (1980-01-06 02:13:54.302528299 UTC)
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...-26-zvd-basesband-alpha16-81.html#post1893687

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...-26-zvd-basesband-alpha16-81.html#post1893991

Not saying it is COT, but would like to have your knowledge involved in this, might be related.

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Caught it in action! :p It went back to the correct date and time when I turned airplane mode off. Anyway I'll shutup now as it really has nothing to do with the recovery. (Sorry Drew :eek:)

Last edited:

lichan

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

If I remember correctly, this 1980 date has something to do with time zero in the Unix and, therefore. Linux system, which is where the various kernels originate. Times are kept as an offset to some specific date in 1980.

Reactions: Pkt_Lnt

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Everyone that is experiencing this strange behavior, what ROM were you using when you made the backup that is displaying this date?

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Quatramis for me. And this new rom over in the V forums called paranoid android

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Interesting. I'm going to wait for more responses before I make a hypothesis, but I have a hunch that this may be somehow related to the clock sync bug experienced in ICS-based ROMs. I will say though that the issues a few have had flashing CAI alpha16 are concerning.

Last edited:

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I'm going to wait for more responses before I make a hypothesis, but I have a hunch that this may be somehow related to the clock sync bug experienced in ICS-based ROMs. I will say though that the issues a few have had flashing CAI alpha16 are concerning.

Just to kinda help support the "not drew's recovery" theory here, I've had that same thing happen two or the times, always with ICS roms, but using CWM.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: kylemaguire

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Everyone that is experiencing this strange behavior, what ROM were you using when you made the backup that is displaying this date?

Thekraven Cold as Ice a15f. Still not able to get past boot anim in a16 b-d.

edit - tdm quatrrimus nightly 06282012 that has the speaker phone fix flashes and boots fine. That speaker fix is where this problem began with CAI.

Kindle Fire w twa_priv ICS / CM9 linaro based on SG7 & Hashcode 3.0 kernel - Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

If I remember correctly, this 1980 date has something to do with time zero in the Unix and, therefore. Linux system, which is where the various kernels originate. Times are kept as an offset to some specific date in 1980.

This is my understanding as well; I've seen this bug occur on the Optimus S in Xionia as well as COT. I've also seen it occur on the Kindle Fire in both an old CWM by the DooMLoRD and COT (only actually happened when the device died and I didn't allow the system to reset the clock before going to recovery).

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Q:I tried to flash paranoid rom for the v I don't have service so I don't care about radio IV flashed v roms before but it wont let me with this one is it the rom or recovery? Or cause I look funny?:p

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Q:I tried to flash paranoid rom for the v I don't have service so I don't care about radio IV flashed v roms before but it wont let me with this one is it the rom or recovery? Or cause I look funny?:p

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Error messages or logs please... saying "it won't let me flash it" means literally nothing.

pdxguy77

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

ive seen a few of my backups over the last few months show the 1980 dates...not just with cannibal...but for the most part the timestamps are 3 hours off from my time zone

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
ive seen a few of my backups over the last few months show the 1980 dates...not just with cannibal...but for the most part the timestamps are 3 hours off from my time zone

Is your time zone 3 hours offset from GMT?

- via Kindle Fire w twa_priv ICS / CM9 linaro based on SG7 & Hashcode 3.0 kernel - Tapatalk 2

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Drew, do you have a quick list of error codes, [Status X]? I have gotten Status 0 errors on flashing a ROM, reboot recovery in COT and flash again is successful. I forget to save log, will get one if it happens again.

- via Kindle Fire w twa_priv ICS / CM9 linaro based on SG7 & Hashcode 3.0 kernel - Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac