Tether

claye

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm having trouble getting FoxFi to work... by all appearances on my phone, it should be working, but when I check for my Network Name on my iPad and laptop, I'm not seeing anything.

Is this because I'm on the unlimited plan, with no tethering plan? Has anyone without Verizon's tethering plan been able to use Foxfi, without root?

claye

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Never mind! I read elsewhere that you just have to clear the app cache and that did the trick. You just have to be careful about editing the Network name and password - do that BEFORE turning on the HotSpot.

Just did a speed check from my iPad and the internet speed matches what I test on my phone on 4G, so FoxFi doesn't slow things down at all!

Reactions: delo999 and Xymph

anon(181017)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I've got pdanet 3.5, auto downloaded on my S3 with the rest of my apps. I noticed it now has an option for wifi, but when I click that button it says to download Foxfi, so don't konw if they're related? I also noticed that pdanet is available on the Play Store again... had to download it from the developer on my DX.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Another +! for Foxfi. Super easy to set up (tried to set up proxy, didnt work, so i reverted to normal settings). Its smoking fast! Speedtest from laptop shows 18Mbit down. OMG, I love LTE! I haven't been this giddy since I first got cable internet service like 12 years ago.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
The built in Tether works fine along with the hot spot.

...verizons share everything plan allows free tether.

Foxfi had been around for a bit... Doubt all copies of it will disappear from the interwebs... I have a copy on my pc and my phone.

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

scbower

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
from menu go to "settings" then "Application manager" then to Foxfi then you should see "clear cache" button under "uninstall" and "clear data"

edit - sorry, thought it was quoting jkwon52...

Last edited:

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
+1
Loaded it up last night and ran my laptop off it for awhile. Going to be great on trips where hotel wireless isn't free!

I have a tendency to use it on trips just so the hotel can't verify my usage... Plus must have you input some password every so often, which is annoying

Sent using my MoPho-King photon