How to remove unwanted free music?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Google play music has put some crap music on my account. It pays when I choose shuffle. Have found no way to remove it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

jedilow

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Go to play music (on your browser) - click on the album you want to delete (open it)... then look at the album cover art, there's a small triangle in the bottom corner - click it and it gives the option to delete the album/song.

Doesn't look like there's a way to do it without going to the play website.

Reactions: 1812dave

steve dave

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I got some pretty badass tunes on mine. M. Ward, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Rolling Stones, Merle Haggard, Caribou, Thievery Corporation, The Pains of being Pure At Heart, Wild Flag, etc...

Not bad even though I already had most of them.

Where these not the same on everyone's?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
How do I keep Google from intruding in my music?? I don't WANT ANY "free" or "featured" music to be added to my own.

firenation112

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Haven't tryed it on my nexus 7 but with I'm experience with android phones I'm guessing you will either need to install a file manager and delete it from there or root your device and see the default files already stored on your device and delete via computer. :)

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Haven't tryed it on my nexus 7 but with I'm experience with android phones I'm guessing you will either need to install a file manager and delete it from there or root your device and see the default files already stored on your device and delete via computer. :)

Its all in the cloud so this is not needed. Would need to do as stated above. Need to log into your account on a computer and delete them.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I did that but is more music going to be showing up from Google? On a related note over 1000 M4A files won't upload. I got only about 300 song uploaded to Google. Their tech support hasn't contacted me yet with a fix

Jp5Cj2FGK2

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I got some pretty badass tunes on mine. M. Ward, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Rolling Stones, Merle Haggard, Caribou, Thievery Corporation, The Pains of being Pure At Heart, Wild Flag, etc...

Not bad even though I already had most of them.

Where these not the same on everyone's?

They were the same....and as was stated before, pure crap :)

I'm glad someone likes them but they are not my cup of tea. Hell, I don't even listen to any English language music.

greatgoogly

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
The bastards at Google contaminated my device with a Coldplay track. I'm generally opposed to the death penalty, but in the case of someone putting dreck like that on my N7, I'm willing to make an exception ;-)

Noah0504

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I deleted it all too. But mostly because I had a lot of the artists already. I thought it was a pretty good selection for being free.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine aren't large. They are mono..about four mb. Google said the metadata needs fixing but didn't explain how

Clyde S Dale

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Mine aren't large. They are mono..about four mb. Google said the metadata needs fixing but didn't explain how

I see. TuneUp or MP3Tag might help you.

Out of curiosity I checked into the supported file types because as I type this I'm uploading about 4000 songs from iTunes to Google Music. Turns out .m4a is used for both AAC and ALAC. All my ALAC files will not upload. In general my ALAC files are 2-3 times the size of their AAC equivalent.

Supported file types for Google Music.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nusaka