Any closer to getting ICS?

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm seriously thinking about going to prepaid. I don't use anywhere close to my 1200 minutes but if i change i lose my grandfathered plan. A 180 dollar bill is crazy for 2 phones!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
So frustrated of software updates that never come; first with WebOS and now with android. With an upgrade available, it looks like I'll be picking up an iphone soon.

Go for it. We'll see you back 2 weeks after you get the iPhone. :p

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Android Central Forums

mcaples

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I too, have defended VZW for years, but since I will lose my unlimited data IF I upgrade in July '13 (I have to WAIT that long for my contract to end) I'm EVENTUALLY ditching Verizon...BUT since NO career offers to pay your ETF if you sign with THEM, I will have stuck with VZW, for now...so ICS would be nice (since I have no computer to root)...but with different home replacement I can KINDA keep the duldrums of being stuck with ONE cellphone for 2 years away (fixed income+fiscal responsibility)...pre-payed sounds good...did I just see T-Mo and the words "unlimited data" "Galaxy Note 2"???...HMMMMMMMMM

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
T-mobil is awful. I would go with the death star...I mean, at&t before them.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

nsanders

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
There is no question of me switching. The coverage of the other carriers isn't even close to Verizon in my area. Besides, this isn't really a game changer for me ... just disappointing.

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking of getting a Nexus, but even on VZW I would have the same troubled with updates. Come on Verizon, stop holding things up so you can force us to keep apps we don't use it want.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
They are taking to long with the update. So I'm doubtful if it will get at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

c_hack

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Pathetic. I bought two DInc2's for my wife and for my daughter when they came out. How can they still not have ICS? Its been out almost a year! I still have a DX2 in a drawer whcih Moto abandoned in a few months. I was hoping HTC would do better.

Never again.

nsanders

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I probably wouldn't care so much except my husband, my neighbor and my neighbor's daughter all got the ICS upgrade on their Droid 4 phones. The worst part about it is that none of them even knew what ICS was. I had to tell them. AND, they expect me (the techie geek in the group) how to make their phones work with the upgrade. Ahhhhhh!!!!!

WinPhoneMaybe

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Hoping HTC announces their ICS rollout for older devices at their big event tomorrow. ... Yes, I know that is wishful thinking :)

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I just spoke with a Verizon rep. Not asking about ICS, but rather if we are getting a bug fix for the last update cuz I've noticed problems since then. They said they didn't see anything about that. So then I processed to ask about ICS for the dInc2. So they read from the screen that the dInc2 did receive the ICS update!?! I said, um no we haven't! They said that most likely it only rolled out to a few devices and the rest should be getting it soon. I'm not holding my breath but that was surprising to hear!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54