New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Before we completely dismiss Google, I wonder how many devices they had in stock. I mean both local stocks and the global stocks. For a company like Google to mess it up this bad, I can only expect record numbers. Don't get me wrong. I am not a Google fan. I appreciate Android, their search engine and gmail but they have done me wrong in the past with AdSense and other web developer/administrator services.

Uh, So a multi billion dollar internet company doesn't properly know how to write a script to stop selling after a certain amount of orders come through?

Demand is one thing when servers are crashing but there is no excuses for taking 100s or 1000s of extra orders when you can't fill demand.

mlarco52

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So who is getting the back order email and what times were your orders placed at? I just called and was told that mine is not on back order nothing showing on my account except that it was literally just processed this morning and I should be receiving a shipping notification a little later today once they had the phone to ups to go out. Any Canadians get the back order email?

techneutral1

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I also received a back-order notice from Google. I'm not going to do anything rash like cancel my phone. I still want the device, and I don't think that allowing back-orders is a bad thing. Really I think everyone should be able to place an order to wait in line for their phone. What upsets me is that they took 48 hours to tell me my phone was back-ordered. I find it hard to believe that the orders aren't handled automatically, checked against a database to know that they had this many orders and they have this many phones in stock. They had to know they had sold more phones than they had. Even if they were counting on several orders being canceled, I would be a lot happier now if they had said upfront that my order was back-ordered. Then if by some miracle someone cancelled their order and I received my device I would be ecstatic rather than upset.
If Google wants to change the way people by cell phones they really need to work on their store, server crashes are unacceptable for a company with as big of a web presence as Google. Offer preorders so that there is not such a huge load on their servers, and they have an indication of the popularity of the device. Have much faster processeing, in a world where amazon can get almost everything to your house the next day and you can walk into any carrier and walk out with a phone immediately 2 days to process the order before shipping is unacceptable. Finally and this is the biggest thing they need to work on communication and customer service. So much of the anger around here is because no one knows what is going on with their device. Was my order successful? When will my phone ship? When will the next batch be available? Is the next batch really 3 weeks out? how can that be possible?
Anyway I'm done ranting but I really felt like I had to do it.

Amuse Me Puppet

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Phone: 8GB (no accessories)
Cost: $332.72
Order Date: November 13, 2012 9:32:38 AM (AZ/Mountain Time)
Pending Charge: 9:33am
Confirmation Email: 9:34am
State: Arizona
Shipped Email: No
Backorder Email: No

That's all I have right now...hoping I do not get the dreaded backorder email.....

Matt Beaulne

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with a google resp. He said there are 3 waves of emails about back orders. two have gone out and the last one should be out within the next 45 min.... sooooooo lets hope you and I don't get this email! Good luck and god speed ;)

Ace Deucey

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I ordered late, at 2:46pm EST. It was mentioned earlier, and it makes sense that for an overwhelming amount of orders nationwide, the orders go out by region, and not by time ordered. From the 5 people I've seen (looked briefly) who posted locations with their back order email proclamations, the furthest west was Cincinatti.

tommymonk

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
So, I have been reading this thread for the last hour, reading about everyone getting cancellations, here's what just happened;

My order: 1 x 8GB, 1 x 16GB (Same order)
Order Time: 08:30:47 UTC
Delivery Address: Windsor, UK

As of 15 minutes ago, the order status was "Pending" and I had no tracking number.

However, I just received a confirmation email along with tracking code for both handsets. !!!!

YAY!!!

nkashayi

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Got the email. Order placed 1:52PM EST, no bumper, just the phone.
Seriously shame on Google.I wonder how Google could mess this up. :mad: First product I ordered on Google play, and not a good experience.

danamccall

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My order for a 16GB with no accessories went through at 3pm EST on 11/13 (Raleigh), however I just got the Backorder email. :(
"Thank you for your recent purchase on Google Play. Due to overwhelming demand, your Nexus 4 is on backorder and is expected to ship within three weeks. We?ll send you a notification when your order has shipped and will credit the shipping charges."

shepherd_wood

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
ARGH! Backorder e-mail. I'm really annoyed that if I'd just walked into T-Mobile, I could have had the phone yesterday. Because I bought it via the Play Store, I'm looking at waiting up to three weeks. So NOT Raven.