[COT NG][TOUCH]Project Open Cannibal Touch

nitemarenet

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: [COT][TOUCH]Project Open Cannibal Touch

I can confirm the same. I finally had time to test and it's still the same. Power button mearly flips back to the main menu like its erroring out once you get into a sub menu like nandroid and hit backup. Attached is my recovery.log renamed as recovery-3.txt.

Nigel, I mentioned it before and after actually looking at the log, it shows that it _cannot_ mount the sdcard and was never able to in the past (checked my older recover logs i posted above). It's not getting the right mount points, this is probably the underlying problem.

Rough sniplet (Yes I know you told us not to post the whole thing, but I don't want this to keep going unmissed):
W:Unable to get recovery.fstab info for /datadata during fstab generation!
W:Unable to get recovery.fstab info for /emmc during fstab generation!
I:Completed outputting fstab.
W:failed to mount /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 (No such file or directory)
W:failed to mount /dev/block/mmcblk1 (No such file or directory)
Unable to mount sdcard,
loading failsafe setting...

Settings will not work
without an sdcard...
I:Language code: en
I:Theme loaded!
I:Loading hydro resources...
framebuffer: fd 4 (480 x 800)
I:processing arguments.
I:Checking arguments.
I:device_recovery_start()
Command: "/sbin/recovery"

Attachments

• recovery-3.txt
    16.1 KB · Views: 4

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Whoa there? Wow that's the reason why it can't mount the sdcard. It seems that your sdcard is mounted to a different block. O_O.
Can anyone else confirm that it's a widespread issue? I'm not sure why the sdcard would be on a different block device..I'll be pushing a update asap.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

That's the reason it won't nandroid. COT needs a sdcard mounted for settings and stuff. When you booted to recovery, it couldn't mount your sd therefore it won't allow much of anything.

nitemarenet

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site

Makes sense, and I'm pretty sure this sd card is formatted correctly but don't quote me on that (its not the original, but i did use the phone's "erase/format" functionality to wipe it).

mount shows the following for the sdcard:
/dev/block/vold/179:33 /mnt/sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0002,dmask=0002,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:33 /mnt/secure/asec vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0002,dmask=0002,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0

nitemarenet

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site

I just tried a few other smaller (2gb/8gb/16gb) cards i had laying around from other phones and also one from my original a855, all mount from the same device and this isn't just an ICS thing, this mounts the same way under GB too. Not sure if its accessing a special device to get to it or not, I'll do some googling there (I'm not entirely familiar with the droid device setup). Let me know if you need anything from me though.

Also, mmcblk1 is there, but it looks like its unused.

nitemarenet

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site

Yes, this phone has had ics official update on it. Ive done the lg factory restore which i figured would bring.it back to.2.3.7 gb in its normal state.unless im mistaken?

Excuse my crappy typing, gotta love typing.on phones.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Yes, this phone has had ics official update on it. Ive done the lg factory restore which i figured would bring.it back to.2.3.7 gb in its normal state.unless im mistaken?

Excuse my crappy typing, gotta love typing.on phones.

It should be normal except I thing stupid LGE changed the block device partitioning scheme with the upgrade to ICS and it probably sticks even with a downgrade. If that's true then no recovery is considered a safe recovery for flashing because it might flash a zip to the wrong partiton (example flashing a system.zip to radio by accident).

Until I can understand this bs more, no one should flash ANYTHING in ANY recovery. :|

STUPID LGE.

sokkershark

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

That's what I'm confused about. We've been using mmcblk1 as the mount point for every recovery for the Viper. Did you upgrade to ICS then downgrade?

I fall in that category of downgrading after the ota update. I think I am having similar remounting problems as well. I know im less helpful but i don't have time to test this out until tomorrow afternoon. Ill try and get the recovery log then. Also this might not be relevant but when I use adb, i can push/pull/su fine but when i use adb remount, i get "remount failed: operation not permitted". food for thought.

sokkershark

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

forget that last post i found my recovery log from yesterday. Forgive the way I post it it was copy and pasted in notepad. I feel maybe a long post is justified in this case.

Starting recovery on Thu Jan 1 00:21:54 1970
recovery filesystem table
=========================
0 /tmp ramdisk (null) (null) 0
1 /boot emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p8 (null) 0
2 /cache ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p28 (null) 0
3 /data ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p29 (null) 0
4 /misc emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p25 (null) 0
5 /recovery emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p13 (null) 0
6 /sdcard vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /dev/block/mmcblk1 0
7 /system ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p27 (null) 0
8 /sd-ext ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk1p4 (null) 0

W:Unable to get recovery.fstab info for /datadata during fstab generation!
W:Unable to get recovery.fstab info for /emmc during fstab generation!
I:Completed outputting fstab.
Unable to mount sdcard,
loading failsafe setting...

Settings will not work
without an sdcard...
framebuffer: fd 4 (480 x 800)
I:processing arguments.
I:Checking arguments.
I:device_recovery_start()
Command: "/sbin/recovery"

I:Checking for extendedcommand...
I:COT Settings loaded!
Switching to dedupe!
I:Skipping execution of extendedcommand, file not found...
failed to open /sys/class/android_usb/android0/state: No such file or directory

sokkershark

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Would it help if I tried it as well with different sd cards? I have a few more, one of them came with the phone, I currently use a larger one.

nitemarenet

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site

I thought that might be the issue too but I've tried even a regular 2gb non sdhc card with the same mount point. I run a 32gb normally though.

sokkershark

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I thought that might be the issue too but I've tried even a regular 2gb non sdhc card with the same mount point. I run a 32gb normally though.
When this is working perfectly, what ROM are you going to flash? Theres not a huge selection for the viper.

nitemarenet

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site

If anything, if i don't like panda rom ill probably start my own. It's the recovery that i don't have a lot of experience with.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

sokkershark

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Interesting... I'm just getting started in all of this but I learn fast and these forums are gold mines of information. Is pandarom stable for viper?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali