[COT][TOUCH]Project Open Cannibal Touch

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Project Open Cannibal presents...
Cannibal Open Touch v2.1 for Sprint Galaxy S3

About Cannibal Open Touch:
Cannibal Open Touch is the next generation of custom recoveries. Jam-packed with cool and useful features, it can handle just about anything you can throw at it.

Main Features:
1. Support for both Edify and Amend scripting (flash all ROMS!)
2. Theme support
3. Get out of recovery boot loops
4. Touch screen button controls!
5. Compatibility with Xionia nandroid backups (if on LG Optimus device)
6. GooManager support!
7. Internal e2fsprogs for size
8. Backported ?retouch binaries? patch for ICS/JB compatibility
9. Advanced Backup
10. Delete old backups!
11. Persistent settings
12. User-defined backup locations!
13. ADB Sideload
14. Touchscreen calibration

Why the name Cannibal Open Touch?
Because we can. The name also embodies everything that Cannibal Open Touch is. It is no longer
just a variant of ClockworkMod Recovery, it is it's own recovery by itself. Combining features from
ClockworkMod 5, Team UtterChaos' Sony Xperia recovery, AmonRa 3.0.6, Xionia CWMA and a
bunch of our own special enhancements it is truly revolutionary.

What to do when an error occurs:
DO NOT simply say "xxxx doesn't work" as that is highly unhelpful and will probably be ignored. Instead, post the recovery log! To grab a log when an error occurs, simply open a terminal (or command prompt if on Windows), "cd" to an easily accessible directory and execute:

Code: [Select]
adb pull /tmp/recovery.log
Paste the log as an attachment (don't paste the text inside, as it can be very long), or paste it on pastebin.com.

WARNING!
If you are upgrading from a previous version of Cannibal Open Touch you must delete the settings.ini file located in the cotrecovery folder on your sdcard!

Flashing instructions:
However you flash every other recovery image.

Main Recovery Screenshots:
Main Gallery (external link)

Available Themes:
Themes Gallery (external link)

Download Cannibal Open Touch v2.1:
By clicking the link below you agree that you are flashing this recovery image at your own risk. Neither myself, Project Open Cannibal, nor anyone but yourself are responsible for any problems that may occur before, during or after flashing this recovery image. You also agree that this recovery image is to be flashed ONLY on the Sprint Galaxy S3!

I agree (standard img)

MD5 Information:
Standard Img: c533522c37f80a68889bb2954313cc9c

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Nigel here's some issues I noticed while testing.
1. For me at least, the it gets stuck on calibration when you boot into recovery.
2. When you reboot the phone after the above it force reboots into recovery, and even when pulling the bat. I had to go into download mode then reboot into android from there.

No it didn't brick my phone if that's what you're wondering.
And I'm sorry can't get a logcat, no pc at the moment.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Nigel here's some issues I noticed while testing.
1. For me at least, the it gets stuck on calibration when you boot into recovery.
2. When you reboot the phone after the above it force reboots into recovery, and even when pulling the bat. I had to go into download mode then reboot into android from there.

No it didn't brick my phone if that's what you're wondering.
And I'm sorry can't get a logcat, no pc at the moment.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

I had the same issue... and reported it to him. I just reloaded twrp with Odin and was back up and running.

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Consider it split half and half. There is a large fan base for AOSP/CM10.1 and a large fan base for Touchwiz based LJ7/JB 4.1.1 or "themed stock". Almost everyone uses LJ7 baseband, but some people use an earlier one for connectivity reasons. Unlike the OptiS, I don't believe Samsung tied the OS to the baseband.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Alright, I'll try to get an update out when I have time. I was hoping to get one out earlier, but GitHub's 4 hour downtime interrupted what I was doing.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Alright, I have to build two different kernels since CM doesn't work on a TW kernel. Cool. My Jenkins bot should be compiling. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2