New Google Voice Search Problems.

Execute

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, I'm sure lots of you heard the new voice search and search widget Google announced today. However, it doesn't want to install on custom ROMs, at least CyanogenMod 6, due to what I believe a invalid signature. I have never ran the adb or the emulator on my phone, so I decided to try a method using Titanium Backup. People have been reporting success using this method, but I am not having any luck.

What I do is backup the Voice Search apk, then uninstall it it. I reboot, then go to the market and try to get the new voice search, but I always get the error "Installation Unsuccessful". Any idea what could be going wrong? Anyone have any luck with this? Like I said, this method seems much easier than adb so I would like to use it, but I guess if I have no luck I can always give adb a shot. Kinda wanted to familiarize myself with it anyway, but for now would love the quicker and easier way. So, anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

incredswim

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I had a problem with the new google voice search. When i used the command "set alarm for" it process then tell me to update clock to the latest version anyone know where i can get an Clock.apk that would correct this. im using skyrider 2.2 loving it too...

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I had a problem with the new google voice search. When i used the command "set alarm for" it process then tell me to update clock to the latest version anyone know where i can get an Clock.apk that would correct this. im using skyrider 2.2 loving it too...

From Google:

Voice:Search: 'Set Alarm' Voice Action
The clock app update is currently unavailable. Our team is actively working on a solution so that the 'set alarm' voice action can be used. Thanks so much for your patience.

Execute

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Chrome to phone works fine for me, but neither search apps. Seems like everyone else on Cyanogen is able to backup the original search and voice search with Titanium, uninstall them, the download the new ones. But apparently my phone doesn't like that. Oh well, with the source code being released, and the OTA coming in the next 14 years, I'll just wait for this to get cooked into some newer ROMs.

I never even remember to use voice search anyway. Can't remember if it was CM or Skyraider that I tried it on and it seemed way better than on my Stock Sense Incredible. Also, the new feature look pretty cool, so hopefully I get to check it out sometime soon. I tried Vlingo, but apparently it thinks I'm speaking a different language, or just plain sucks.

Angmoe

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a problem with using voice to send a text, I say "send text to Kim" and then the message, when the message box comes up there is nothing in the To: field but the persons name and the message comes up in the message field...am I doing something wrong?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a problem with using voice to send a text, I say "send text to Kim" and then the message, when the message box comes up there is nothing in the To: field but the persons name and the message comes up in the message field...am I doing something wrong?

Speak clearer and more loudly......yell at your phone basically. lol

Sometimes my phone just simply doesn't understand me. You kind of have to talk to it like you are talking to a small child, slow and clear.

dude0909

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah talk to it like you're talking to a kid or your grandma. Leave pauses, long enough, but not too long as it might just end and start trying to do whatever you said. Just make sure you're completely silent in between "send text to" and "kim" and the message

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I've had similar issues. Must be my accent. ;)

Try speaking like a Londoner.

Well mine used to detect me like I was speaking German of something. I could say, in search, you tube dot com, and instead of it returning what you wanted it to it would come back, Glue tube dutchman. Go figure, this works nicely though. It does have a hard time if you don't speak clearly, not a bang on anyone it's just how it is, me being southern I have to clean up my accent a bit to make it read right but it works. (No ya'lls or wouldya's)

Execute

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, with the new CM 6 RC3 release, all is working good for me. Though, I expected a working camcorder without having to update radio. IDK, I just thought with the source code released, the new ROMs would have a working version. So do I still have to unroot, update radio, then root again?

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, with the new CM 6 RC3 release, all is working good for me. Though, I expected a working camcorder without having to update radio. IDK, I just thought with the source code released, the new ROMs would have a working version. So do I still have to unroot, update radio, then root again?

Are you maybe in the wrong thread?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky