Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

dougf4

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
both models are prominently shown on the hisense-usa.com website. Walmart.com only shows the LT model.

They have the Pro posted, but they have obscured it to where you really have to dig to find it. They have removed the store availability info, the Question Section and the reviews form the page.

Hisense Sero 7 Pro 7" Tablet Quad Core Processor with 8GB Memory, M470BSA: Computers : Walmart.com

With a marketing giant like Walmart, you can bet that this is not accidental but by design. Something fishy going on with the Pro and Walmart. I wonder if once again one or more of the leading brands is in court over copyright infringements against Hisense and maybe Walmart as well.

Don't know what it is, but Walmart is up to something....

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded zero dark thirty in HD but can't figure out how to move the file to my sd card as it's 3.2 GB and taking a good chunk out of the on board memory. Anyone know how without rooting?

Sent from there can only be HTC One

Get astro file manager and move the file.

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
They have the Pro posted, but they have obscured it to where you really have to dig to find it. They have removed the store availability info, the Question Section and the reviews form the page.

Hisense Sero 7 Pro 7" Tablet Quad Core Processor with 8GB Memory, M470BSA: Computers : Walmart.com

With a marketing giant like Walmart, you can bet that this is not accidental but by design. Something fishy going on with the Pro and Walmart. I wonder if once again one or more of the leading brands is in court over copyright infringements against Hisense and maybe Walmart as well.

Don't know what it is, but Walmart is up to something....

Yes, walmart is up to what they are good at. Selling stuff. They sold out of the Pro model, its that simple. Yes there are a few scattered about in stores but not enough to keep the web site active. When they get more and restock, you can bet the site to store and purchase buttons will be active again on the web site. They were never merchandised in the stores as the limited stock was sold online within days of becoming available.

Ricey20

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Well that was a lot of anticipation and trouble for nothing. Been checking local stores in Hawaii almost daily, to no avail (haven't even recieved them yet). Had a friend flying in form Portland today, so I had her grab me one Wednesday, and it looks like I got a lemon. Won't hold a WiFi signal (keeps dropping and reconnecting) and screen rotation is dodgy (only rotates when it feels like it). Here's hoping my local wally world finally got some in so I can exchange it, otherwise I'm returning it and that will suck. :(

Got one with a "loose" back as well. When you press lightly on the back you can feel it flex and bottom-out on the board underneath. Honestly, that doesn't bother me all that much. WiFi dropping when I'm sitting 6 feet from my access point, however... :'(

OT: I'm a field tech for a computer and networking service company, and yesterday I had to work on one of those $700+ Windows-8 Pro tablets, and that had a loose back as well, even worse than the Sero-7.

Been waiting for one of the Hawaii Walmarts to carry this thing for awhile too

jiovine

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Went to my local Walmart where I got my Sero 7 Pro last week that had 8 under the counter they are all gone now. Makes you wonder what Walmart has planned for this tablet hopefully it is just selling better then they expected and are low on stock but none of the stores I have been to have any out on display its as if they don't want people to know they are selling them. I was at Best Buy yesterday looking at the tablets there and told two people there about the Sero 7 Pro who were looking to buy the Samsung 7 inch tablet for $179 I got them all excited about the S7 Pro but now I wonder if they were even able to get one when they got to Walmart.

The guy at my local Walmart tried to talk me out of getting the Sero and going with Asus tablet.... They had 10 Pro's instock in Concord, NH the other day. I love this thing better than my iPad! Android has progressed leaps and bounds over the past two years...Amazing! My first Tablet was the Zoom --- hated it...sold it after a month.

Wow factor for me is Google Wallet on my Nexus 4... Now if they can only figure out a way to store my drivers license then I won't have to carry a wallet. ;)

Spectre130

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I bought our third Sero 7 pro tonight. This one, the microSD card seats and the door closes correctly. This Walmart (Escondido, Ca) had 5 more pros in the box.

Cellular_Decay

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Been waiting for one of the Hawaii Walmarts to carry this thing for awhile too

Kunia had one in stock this afternoon, and Pearl City has several (yes, the Pro). They're kinda buried at the PC store. They are in the tablet cabinet, but behind the door frame so they're not easy to see. They also don't have any signage or even a shelf tag (which is probably why they still have them).

Ricey20

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Kunia had one in stock this afternoon, and Pearl City has several (yes, the Pro). They're kinda buried at the PC store. They are in the tablet cabinet, but behind the door frame so they're not easy to see. They also don't have any signage or even a shelf tag (which is probably why they still have them).

Good to know, I'll have to drive to PC. Thanks

teejay69

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm in on the S7 Pro for just over a week and would definately recommend it to anyone who asks. I do have Samsung envy and would love to own all the bells and whistles that it offers, but for $149 it'll do very nicely! Absolutely no issues with it on any front. The case from i-Blason is better than anything that is offered in the stores, I put a Zagg cover on it, and a 32 micro sd in with no issues on the door. It looks like a keeper at this point. I'd like to get rid of the screen shot button is about the only thing I'd change.

atlantaacman

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm in on the S7 Pro for just over a week and would definately recommend it to anyone who asks. I do have Samsung envy and would love to own all the bells and whistles that it offers, but for $149 it'll do very nicely! Absolutely no issues with it on any front. The case from i-Blason is better than anything that is offered in the stores, I put a Zagg cover on it, and a 32 micro sd in with no issues on the door. It looks like a keeper at this point. I'd like to get rid of the screen shot button is about the only thing I'd change.

Yeah the screen shot is my only complaint so far. I wish I could have found mine for $80.00. I think someone at that store screwed up. I would have bought several.

Jim_in_VA

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the screen shot is my only complaint so far. I wish I could have found mine for $80.00. I think someone at that store screwed up. I would have bought several.

I don't have a problem avoiding the screenshot button. But yeah, the WalMart dude who put them on "clearance" for $80 .. wish I was in that store

Cellular_Decay

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Tried plugging my Sero 7 into an HD TV via HDMI and only got 480p output. What's up with that?

EDIT: Okay, tried it on a 1080p TV and it did output 1080p. First TV was 720p, but it only output 480p. Guess it can't do 720p output.

Picture quality @ 1080p was disappointing. It underscans the picture leaving large black borders, and the reduced resolution is very noticable. :(

Last edited:

MarkFL88

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I am in Cary, NC on a business trip there is a Walmart right across the street from my hotel so went on in just to check if they had any Hisense on display sure enough this store actually had them on display both the pro and the LT with price tags 99 for the LT and 149 for the Pro so it's good to see some stores actually displaying them for sale. Speaking of $149 tablets did you see ASUS new offering coming out in August they released their new lineup they have a new 7 inch tablet 1280x800 screen 16 Gig onboard SD slot 5 Meg rear 1.2 Meg front cam no flash on the rear cam and no mention of HDMI out and it has a quad core ARM A7 processor. I don't know much about the A7 but a quick Google told me it seems to be a lower grade processor than the Tegra 3 but still the ASUS name for 150 with 16 Gig and SD and the tablet appears to be thinner and lighter than the Sero 7 Pro....lots of good choices for very reasonable prices....personally I am still waiting in the new Nexus 7 before I decide on my next higher end tablet I am thinking I may go for one with an 8 inch screen if something good comes out soon I got my kids iPad mini's and really like the 8 inch screen that size to me seems perfect web browsing on just that little bit bigger screen was so much better then it is on my 7 inch tablets.

Jim_in_VA

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hisense set a new bar with this tablet. All the other players are going to have to step up, add better specs, and sell it at a lower price. Good for us consumers.

Bill Brooks

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
What's the glass like? I bought a cheap Chinese tablet and it works pretty good, but the glass gets scratched very easily. I tried to Google if the Sero Pro has gorilla Glass and some sites say it does.

MarkFL88

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
The glass is OK it does not scratch very easy but I don't think it is Gorilla glass the screen also does don't seem to have any anti glare coating like the Nexus 7 does so finger prints do show up more and are a little harder to wipe off but when turned on you really don't notice it.

jtskier11

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The screenshot button cant be disabled at all?? On the wifes Galaxy Tab 2 it was under Settings>Display>Quick Launch then you could change the button to whatever you want or turn it off altogether.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays