Apple is falling...doomed?

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
My statement is very accurate. Apple has been increasing U.S. marketshare for the last three quarters, while Android has mainly been falling. Your "far more accurate" breakdown is global. I'm only speaking of the U.S.. When iPhones account for over half the smartphones sold on basically every major carrier, their marketshare has to rise.

Is this another one of those flag waving posts that claim your marketshare is the most important? You guys...

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Is this another one of those flag waving posts that claim your marketshare is the most important? You guys...

Not at all. Just stating facts. As I have stated, both systems are great. I am on Android at the moment. But Apple is not failing, as some have said, as the iPhone is still outselling Android on the major U.S. carriers.
And when the next iPhone comes out, the numbers will be even closer.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Not at all. Just stating facts. As I have stated, both systems are great. I am on Android at the moment. But Apple is not failing, as some have said, as the iPhone is still outselling Android on the major U.S. carriers.
And when the next iPhone comes out, the numbers will be even closer.
perhaps using better reasons to accomplish that intention would have been better than pointing out one country's recent gains/losses ranging from 0.3 to 1.4 percent differences. it comes across as old fashioned insular thinking in today's globalism

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Since October, Apple has increased their share by 8%. That's a pretty significant jump. Android has fallen during that same period.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I tried a Z10 this week. Sent back to Amazon after one day. Not even close to iPhone or Android, IMO.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Army21

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have the beta of IOS 7 on my Iphone 5 and all I can say is that its a lot more android like in the way that functions are grouped together in panels for quick acces. The appearance of everything is much more fresh too. I see them getting a boost with that combined with the Iphone 5S.

Mr.Willie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
It actually does match iOS in smoothness. It has for a while now.

Posted via Android Central App

Some handsets do, some don't.

Both OS's have their good and bad points. It's all in what each person likes. I, for one, would like to have both! But if I had to make a choice, it would probably be iPhone..........maybe :)

Yes I would like both. An iPhone with a 4.7" 1080 screen and dual front speakers. I currently use an iOS 7 theme on my One.

He is correct. Globally, Android is smoking Apple. But, not domestically. Apple is catching up.

He is incorrect. The big picture is that Apple has almost 80% of the smartphone profits. Let me ask you, which statistic is more sustainable, selling a 100 million devices, spread out among many manufactures, of which one company (Samsung) gets the largest percentage, or selling 37 million, but taking 80% of the total profits ? I would hardly call that being devoured. I'd say that Apple is the predator.

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
i think this thread just convinced me to switch from android to iphone when the 5S comes out....(and six months passes on my tmobile jump! plan).

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I doubt Apple is doomed. I don't agree with their business approach but they do have plenty more of loyal customers. And their macbooks is pretty awesome. IPhone is questionable, but I am pretty sure given enough time they will catch up

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
You can't go wrong with either one!

i'm sure they are both great phones (i've had an HTC ONE, my first android, for three weeks now). but this perfectly summarizes my thoughts...

For the basic text, call, email, camera, and music player the iPhone can't be beat. Great battery life super smooth UI quality apps and easy to use. Most people don't care about much more than that. What some people see as the iphones weakness (simplicity) is its greatest strength.

Posted via Android Central App

i've never owned an iphone. i came from blackberry. but i've always owned apple computers. they make great, quality, products. i do care more about my phone than 'text, call, email, camera, and music player' but not much more. i will be weighing the cost of my concern over the next six months i am stuck with this (terrific) HTC ONE. at the end of the day, i want my phone to simplify not complicate my life. that's where apple excels. they create a sleek product that is 'intuitive' and well-designed...for me.

w0ng

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
iphone is more stable and provide much greater gaming experience according to me, anyway, i use android as daily basis for my needs, since android offer much flexibility on dealing with files, and larger display with note2.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
He is incorrect. The big picture is that Apple has almost 80% of the smartphone profits. Let me ask you, which statistic is more sustainable, selling a 100 million devices, spread out among many manufactures, of which one company (Samsung) gets the largest percentage, or selling 37 million, but taking 80% of the total profits ? I would hardly call that being devoured. I'd say that Apple is the predator.

I'll tell you what's not sustainable - the carrier-free updates on iPhones. The list of countries that are telling Apple to go stuff themselves about their restrictions is growing now that Android is the world's largest mobile OS and carriers in more countries realize they simply don't need to sell iPhones at all. All 3 of Russia's largest carriers have stopped selling iPhones this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevnew1