Froyo OTA: First Impressions

JTO_2K8

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I got my update last night and now my internet force closes before it shows the google page. Any suggestions? I have reset my phone twice and no luck.

gordo8631

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I got my froyo last night a little after midnight, and im def impressed to say the least. Everything flows quite nicely, i havent noticed any lag. Also the addition of some simple things like the flashlight. All in all def worth the wait

Jeepzor

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Can someone verify that the power control widget now has the automatic brightness setting? That was supposed to be one of the features and my girls 2.2 moto droid has it but all the 2.2 roms for my incredible have not featured this. Supposed to be Off, Auto, Low, High.

jrkrace

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Newbie here....I'm wondering if the recpetion and voice quality has changed with Froyo. I'm still within the 30 day trial and I'm noticing that the reception and voice quality is lacking compared to the BB Tour I had before.

I love the phone, but I'm wondering if the Facscinate or even a Droid Pro(?) will be a better ticket call wise...

Jeepzor

May 7, 2010
Visit site
if you still running stock 2.1 and the stock radio then your signal bars are lying. These phones get just as good signal as all other phones. My girls moto droid always showed more bars than my inc but if you actually went to look at the signal they actually had the same number. It was just a misrepresentation of the signal bars. After I updated to the 2.05 radio I get more bars in more places (crap is that an att commercial? LOL) But the signal is still the same. As far as voice quality...thats not going to change in a software update, that said its my belief the Dinc has great voice quality but I'm come from a Env Touch before my Droid and Droid Incredible.

Last edited:

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Can someone verify that the power control widget now has the automatic brightness setting? That was supposed to be one of the features and my girls 2.2 moto droid has it but all the 2.2 roms for my incredible have not featured this. Supposed to be Off, Auto, Low, High.

it doesn't have it.

jrkrace

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
if you still running stock 2.1 and the stock radio then your signal bars are lying. These phones get just as good signal as all other phones. My girls moto droid always showed more bars than my inc but if you actually went to look at the signal they actually had the same number. It was just a misrepresentation of the signal bars. After I updated to the 2.05 radio I get more bars in more places (crap is that an att commercial? LOL) But the signal is still the same. As far as voice quality...thats not going to change in a software update, that said its my belief the Dinc has great voice quality but I'm come from a Env Touch before my Droid and Droid Incredible.

Thanks Jeep...The reason I was asking is that on fringe areas, I have to bang out a text message a few times until it goes through while my buddy's X just fires them off. His browser is much faster as well. His strength is a few -dbs less than me almost everywhere in the building....

Jeepzor

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Jeep...The reason I was asking is that on fringe areas, I have to bang out a text message a few times until it goes through while my buddy's X just fires them off. His browser is much faster as well. His strength is a few -dbs less than me almost everywhere in the building....

Maybe cuz the X is so massive it has a bigger antenna :p

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Can more people confirm or deny the rumor about your apps getting wiped. Thanks

Last edited:

angiebugg

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
What about the battery? I am waiting on a bigger battery until after the ota. Please let us know. It was a bullet item on VZW marketing slick. So it better improve!

tatersalad

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
All of these posts about a possible wipe when doing the OTA update is making me slightly nervous...I'm still kind of new with this phone, anyone know of a good backup app?

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
My battery life seems better. However I also recently changed battery to the Seidio 1750 so my experience is not a good barometer.

And as I said my apps were gone and had to be reinstalled. Not sure why.

1kanaka27

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I agree about the battery life. I have the original battery.....no power loss immediately after I removed it from the charger...