Nexus 5: Problems & Issues

slik6996

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

Ordered mine on day one. Had the phone 2 days now no problems at all on my end hope it stays this way.

kaiser10123

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site

Just received today and love but just went to gym for 1 1/2 hours and listened to a cached Google music playlist and had screen on a bit using je fit to track workout. From 11:30 pm to 1 am why is my battery dropped to 60% now? Do I need to use it a few days to get better battery life?

Posted via Android Central App

shlk7

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Try raising the volume to full and listen to any music/youtube video through the speaker. Mine gets choppy and *static -iky* and was hoping this was a defective unit. Does this affect anyone else?
*Crossing fingers*

Phil Elwell

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

I've found three issues so far (probably KitKat as much as Nexus 5):

1) On the Google Now screen of N4/4.3 the back button would return you to the screen you were at before (as you would expect). On the N5/4.4 the back button does nothing.
2) The activity arrows have disappeared from the WiFi and mobile data icons - I miss them.
3) I tried pairing my N5 with my Parrot CK3100 hands-free kit, and the hands-free ends up with an address book full of "30"s - not very useful.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site

Try raising the volume to full and listen to any music/youtube video through the speaker. Mine gets choppy and *static -iky* and was hoping this was a defective unit. Does this affect anyone else?
*Crossing fingers*
They probably set the volume too high (which is typical). Does it do it on low volumes as well? If so, it's just because they set the digital gain too high.

sent from my Galaxy S3 rocking Cyanogenmod

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

When make a call my screen remains on and active. My nexus 4 turned off when i brought it close to my face and back on when i pulled it away. Does anyone else have this problem or know the fix?

I just tested my N5 and the screen is turning off when my face or hand is in close proximity to the top sensor. You may consider this a hardware issue or at the very least an issue with your specific unit, unfortunately.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

I've found three issues so far (probably KitKat as much as Nexus 5):

1) On the Google Now screen of N4/4.3 the back button would return you to the screen you were at before (as you would expect). On the N5/4.4 the back button does nothing.
2) The activity arrows have disappeared from the WiFi and mobile data icons - I miss them.
3) I tried pairing my N5 with my Parrot CK3100 hands-free kit, and the hands-free ends up with an address book full of "30"s - not very useful.

I agree about the WiFi, data, and cell radio activity arrows no longer displaying in the status bar. Not sure if this was intentional or not, but I wish they would bring them back!

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

One thing I notice is that with the bottom speakers, the maximum volume is a little weak for me. I'd really like to see a higher range for everything from ringtone, to music/media, and alarm. Really hoping custom firmware like CM will provide this needed software boost to maximum volume toggles.

jon_stewart

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

They probably set the volume too high (which is typical). Does it do it on low volumes as well? If so, it's just because they set the digital gain too high.

sent from my Galaxy S3 rocking Cyanogenmod

That sounds like clipping; keep on doing it to damage your speaker. Gain on what you're playing may be a little high.

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

First issue I've noticed on mine is with the Email app. I have several emails that show a received date of 12/31/1969. These emails are downloaded from my Yahoo account. They show up with the correct date in Yahoo.

Whoa. You've gone back in time.

KentuckyHouse

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

Only thing I've run into is this. Open the camera...take a picture...swipe right to left to get to the gallery...swipe left to right to get back to the camera...and the controls are gone. I get a live screen, but there's no shutter button. If I swipe right to left again to get back to the gallery then swipe back to the camera, the controls are there again.

Not a big issue, but just something I've noticed.

Duzfreund

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

Screen pulsates on its own (auto dim is off)
Randomly vibrates
Randomly reboots (only had it a couple times)
Despite my brightness being down, according to the phone, 53% of the battery usage has been the screen..

The screen of my Nexus 5 "pulsates" too. Is this a software bug, a feature (to prevent overheating like Samsung devices do) or a hardware problem?

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

When make a call my screen remains on and active. My nexus 4 turned off when i brought it close to my face and back on when i pulled it away. Does anyone else have this problem or know the fix?

Make sure that nothing is blocking the little light sensor on the front (usually in the upper left corner). If you have a screen protector, make sure it has a cut-out in the right place for it.

russ5811

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

when i open quickoffice, i an browse my Google drive docs... but i can't open them. anyone else having this issue or am i doing something wrong? thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire