Samsung Note 3: "Prevention Information" Message

Instrumentals

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Note 3 "Prevention Information" Message

Yea this came up for me this morning and the only thing I downloaded recently was the apk's for the 4.4 apps so I thought the culprit was one of those..I clicked the don't notify me in 30 days box but still..wtf.

All4Galaxy

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
New update just fixed it. Yay. Heard from a somewhat reliable source it was due to google settings. Go get the update quick.. while supplies last. Lol

Posted via Android Central App

All4Galaxy

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

Is it the J7 update or another one?

Sent from my SM-N9005

I apologize. I didn't catch what version .etc. kernel code is 3.4.0 and it still says JB 4.3 . I am laid up in a hospital bed full of morphine. So I just made out that there was an update and accepted. Hoping I did the right thing. So far it has not appeared yet. I even restarted phone a few times, as that's when it would pop up. I must apologize for my wording as I am trying to be simple. Lol. They just gave me another morphine shot. Not exactly in a smart stage what so ever at the moment. Hope it works for everyone else.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site

The kernel on mine is 3.4.0 but mine is dated friday, september 13, 2013.....so that was installed long time ago ........... that is not a fix.........

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site

I don't had rooted, I reset the ******* Note 3 and the weird message still displayed. :confused:
I feel your pain, but that goes to show that a lot of people thinks that resetting the phone is the only way to fix a problem ....... Has any one tried erasing the cache partition ??

aNoobatthis

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

I just tried following steps:
1.Settings
2.General
3.Application Manager
4.Scroll to ALL
5. Select- Knox (force to stop) (clear cache)

I found three "KNOX" listed on my phone apps... I selected each one and did the (force to stop) (clear cache)
Hasn't come back since... I will update if warning pops up again.

Correction: Found following.... KNOX 4.00KB (with an arrow on logo), KNOX 20.00KB, Knox Notification Manager, KNOX Store

*Update***
I restarted my phone to if it pops up again, and YES it popped up as soon as it connects to wifi.
I did the same step above and found and selected " Know Notification Manager" and did the (force to stop) (clear cache)
*NOTE** I did this while the Pop Up was still showing and when (force to stop) (clear cache) was done, the Pop Up or notification disappeared.

Last edited:

Synthespian

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site

Good to hear that a bug might have been identified but what's the point of telling you an app has tried to do something without permission ... and the not tell you which app more what it was doing.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Is this the version that everyone is on? Maybe I did get the update.

ageze8yv.jpg

Never mind, this update fIxed the garbled voice bug and keyboard issue. Neither of which I had.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

After I reset I found that the following installed applications get the following message from Google Play:

ANT Radio Service
ANT + Plugins
Google Play Games
Samsung Keyboard Note 3/10.1

Error

Update for "Application name" could not be downloaded due to an error (error retrieving information from server. [RPC: S-5:AEC-0])

As I recall, those apps were upgraded couple of days before the error. It seems that one of those apps is screwing the Notes III and Google/Samsung is blocking the installations while investigating the root cause for this issue.

Last edited:

Jeffery Moore

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I confirmed it with Samsung. It is knox. What I did was force stop it in application manager. Unfortunately it will come back on every time the phone is rebooted. I have never installed or even used the Knox app. but it will run in the background until you force stop it Samsung assured me that their engineering dept. is now working on it, and will get a fix out for this problem A.S.A.P. I hope this info helps.
Just to be clear, go to app manager and force stop the Knox app. and it will fix the problem. If you reboot your phone you'll have to force stop knox again. I hope this helps :)

Last edited:

R Tobin

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site

It's not AT&T that's causing the Error, the problem lies within the phone itself.

ioannisgk

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site

After I reset I found that the following installed applications get the following message from Google Play:

ANT Radio Service
ANT + Plugins
Google Play Games
Samsung Keyboard Note 3/10.1

Error

Update for "Application name" could not be downloaded due to an error (error retrieving information from server. [RPC: S-5:AEC-0])

As I recall, those apps were upgraded couple of days before the error. It seems that one of those apps is screwing the Notes III and Google/Samsung is blocking the installations while investigating the root cause for this issue.

Maybe if we uninstall only the updates of this apps it will help?

Sent from my SM-N9005

Lisablue33

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site

That's what I did... I don't have any apps on "auto" update, Uninstalled the only update I manually did, Chrome, and no more alert. Just my opinion, but I think it's ANY update of ANY app, that's triggered this... Too many people, & too many different newly updated apps for it to be one particular app that's setting Knox off... My question is... Why now? Why just in the last 7 days or so.? My alert happened right after the only update I've done in a month, and then switching between wifi/data /wifi.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

That's what I did... I don't have any apps on "auto" update, Uninstalled the only update I manually did, Chrome, and no more alert. Just my opinion, but I think it's ANY update of ANY app, that's triggered this... Too many people, & too many different newly updated apps for it to be one particular app that's setting Knox off... My question is... Why now? Why just in the last 7 days or so.? My alert happened right after the only update I've done in a month, and then switching between wifi/data /wifi.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

You may be on to something here. The alerts I received came after app updates as well. Had not had any alerts prior to that. I cleared the data and cache on Knox notification alert and have not had another message since.

c1971ace

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

I read on Sprintusers that Sprint is aware of this and its caused by something with the way Know is reading wifi signals,which makes sense seeing that it only seems to be happening on wifi. They say they are working on a fix lets see what happens.....

2kidz

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site

I have recently starting seeing this on my phone every hour or so, and always when I reboot.
View attachment 88562

If I click OK it goes to my list of applications
If I click cancel the message disappears for a while.
I haven't clicked the "do not show for 30 days" option, as I'm trying to figure out why it is appearing, but will do so if all else fails
No applications appear to be running at the time.

New Note 3 phone. Unrooted.
Any help will be appreciated. It's driving me mad.

Yes! I've been getting that same message since Thursday and haven't downloaded anything new. ..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
razpie