Galaxy S3: Frozen on Samsung Start Screen after Software Update

Waqas Mahmood1

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: S3 Frozen on Samsung Start Screen after Software Update

I am trying this solution. The device is at the Green Android screen right now (Downloading, Do not turn off Target !! ) but it is not connecting with the Kies software. It just keeps saying "Connecting". Not accepting the device name (GT- 19300) at the Firmware upgrade option. :(
I have upgraded the Kies software as well. Still the my S3 is not connecting with the Kies. Can somebody please help !!

Kari Barles

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

OMG It worked!!!

Thank you so much!

Just so you know it's not the IMEI number it's the serial number that you have to introduce, this is on the back cover of your cellphone!

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meoMonares

May 16, 2013
Visit site
For some strange reason Kies is not recognizing my serial number. just to clarify, the S/N is the same thing as the IMEI number on the back of my phone right ?

Nope. They are different. You can find your S/N on your device's box, inside your device (you will have to remove the battery in order to see it), or on your transaction receipt when you purchased your device.

Meomonares,

It really works. Thanks man.

My pleasure hafiz mohamad! Glad it worked for you as well.

how much time will it takes for the firmware emergency recovery to be installed? because mine 1% every 5 minutes. is it ok?

I'm not quite sure how long did it take for my S3 to fully download the recovery firmware. I could estimate it took me at least 30mins to complete.

I am trying this solution. The device is at the Green Android screen right now (Downloading, Do not turn off Target !! ) but it is not connecting with the Kies software. It just keeps saying "Connecting". Not accepting the device name (GT- 19300) at the Firmware upgrade option. :(
I have upgraded the Kies software as well. Still the my S3 is not connecting with the Kies. Can somebody please help !!

Your input for device name should have been "GT-I9300". No spaces in between. It is a capitalized letter 'I' (i) not "1". Give it a try once more. Moreover, I mentioned @ step #8 to be aware of the "uppercase letters". Capital "g", capital "t", a hyphen (-), capital (i), then 9300.

got the same poblem just now. please help me. asap :(

Have you tried performing the steps I added in this thread?

- - - Updated - - -

I have the same problem!!! just the Android screen! Is it on right way? please anyway can help?

Have you tried performing the steps I added in this thread?

Last edited by a moderator:

EgyAndrioder

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3 Frozen on Samsung Start Screen after Software Update

Thanks a million meoMonares :)

It worked with me and I was able to restore my S 3 again to work with 4.3 Jelly Bean

Cruth86

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

Hello everyone,

Same thing happened to me on Thursday. Did a OTA update to Android 4.3, and after the phone restarted it stopped on the Samsung Logo screen.

The first thing I tried was the 'Firmware Upgrade & initialization' option in both Kies and Kies 3. I managed to get quite far, but at some point of the download/installation process I got an error message saying that the device was not recognised.

I've done lots of reading, but have not managed to find a solution.

Has anyone had the same problem?

Regards

Frances Wartnaby

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

Thank you SOOOOOO much for taking the time to give all this information. I was on the point of buying a new 'phone when I found your post. It has worked brilliantly. I can't thank you enough. :)

Charlene1978

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site

I've gotten so far by following your instructions and the window to start upgrade has not highlighted the start upgrade button, can you tell me why please as im starting to go out of my mind here thanks?

meoMonares

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a million meoMonares :)

It worked with me and I was able to restore my S 3 again to work with 4.3 Jelly Bean

Happy to hear that! Cheers!

Hello everyone,

Same thing happened to me on Thursday. Did a OTA update to Android 4.3, and after the phone restarted it stopped on the Samsung Logo screen.

The first thing I tried was the 'Firmware Upgrade & initialization' option in both Kies and Kies 3. I managed to get quite far, but at some point of the download/installation process I got an error message saying that the device was not recognised.

I've done lots of reading, but have not managed to find a solution.

Has anyone had the same problem?

Regards

Have you tried the steps I wrote in the earlier part of this thread? It says at step #6: "Ignore if you see some prompts that say your device is unrecognized."

Thank you SOOOOOO much for taking the time to give all this information. I was on the point of buying a new 'phone when I found your post. It has worked brilliantly. I can't thank you enough. :)

Happy to hear that ma'am!

I've gotten so far by following your instructions and the window to start upgrade has not highlighted the start upgrade button, can you tell me why please as im starting to go out of my mind here thanks?

To which particular step (the one I have provided) you are stuck in? So I can tell you what's your next step going to be. Thanks!

Kim Hosty

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site

Please Help Me!! I am losing the will to live!!!

I have followed the steps you outline and entered the model and serial number in. Once I press OK, it tells me that "Model GT-I9300 does not support intialising".

How can I get past this and get my life back!?!?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Kim :)

Harish Dxgeneration

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

Hi,
when i enter my model no GT-I9300, i found the error "Please check the model name and enter it". Please help me.

Last edited:

shplam

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site

When I come to #4

4. Press Volume Down + Home button + Power button. Hold it for some time until the ODIN screen is displayed. (The one with green Android character and it says "Downloading... Do not turn off the target!!")

I've got "a custom os can cause critical problems in your phone and installed applications. press down to cancel or up to install'. Is it right and what should I do?

shplam

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site

After clicking ok at step 10, pop up says 'cannot initialise device' and only have 'ok' as a choice then back to nothing. please help.

Finally, the solution! I made use of Samsung Kies. Here's what I did:

1. Install Samsung Kies in your computer if you don't have. (You may have to choose between Kies or Kies3. Kindly check Samsung website)
2. Connect your device to computer.
3. Turn on your device. As with our case, it will get stuck in the splash screen logo.
4. Press Volume Down + Home button + Power button. Hold it for some time until the ODIN screen is displayed. (The one with green Android character and it says "Downloading... Do not turn off the target!!")
5. Launch Samsung Kies.
6. Ignore if you see some prompts that say your device is unrecognized.
7. Go to Tool > Firmware upgrade and Initialisation
8. Enter your device's model name. (Ex: GT-I9300). Be aware of the uppercase letters.
9. Click OK.
10. Enter your S/N the click OK.
11. Then follow the succeeding instructions as it will now direct you to downloading your firmware.
12. Just wait until it's done and auto-upgrade with your device shall commence.
13. Then whoala! Welcome your device back!

This works for me. I have Galaxy S3.

Hope this helps!

huma nauman

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site

it doesnt support s3.....nothings working neither kies3 nor odin
wat to do reply asap

am89

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site

Hi everyone!

for those who tried this solution and it worked for them, did you lose all your data?

please let me know because I've the same problem but I don't want to lose my data. thanks in advance for your assistance

Finally, the solution! I made use of Samsung Kies. Here's what I did:

1. Install Samsung Kies in your computer if you don't have. (You may have to choose between Kies or Kies3. Kindly check Samsung website)
2. Connect your device to computer.
3. Turn on your device. As with our case, it will get stuck in the splash screen logo.
5. Launch Samsung Kies.
6. Ignore if you see some prompts that say your device is unrecognized.
7. Go to Tool > Firmware upgrade and Initialisation
8. Enter your device's model name. (Ex: GT-I9300). Be aware of the uppercase letters.
9. Click OK.
10. Enter your S/N the click OK.
11. Then follow the succeeding instructions as it will now direct you to downloading your firmware.
12. Just wait until it's done and auto-upgrade with your device shall commence.
13. Then whoala! Welcome your device back!

This works for me. I have Galaxy S3.

Hope this helps!

Abolhassan Hosseini

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

I'm just here to say special thanks to Dear MeoMonares who helped me and saved my smart phone from losing all my stuffs by his great instructions.

It really worked for me.100%

I had the same problem that all they talked about and i just thought , it's gone forever, but it really worked.

Thanks again dude

meoMonares

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
when i enter my model no GT-I9300, i found the error "Please check the model name and enter it". Please help me.

You sure it's the device model you have? Avoid spaces as well.

I'm just here to say special thanks to Dear MeoMonares who helped me and saved my smart phone from losing all my stuffs by his great instructions.

It really worked for me.100%

I had the same problem that all they talked about and i just thought , it's gone forever, but it really worked.

Thanks again dude

My pleasure... glad it worked in your end. Cheers!

Hi everyone!

for those who tried this solution and it worked for them, did you lose all your data?

please let me know because I've the same problem but I don't want to lose my data. thanks in advance for your assistance

With me, I did not lose a single data. Everything was intact as before.

After clicking ok at step 10, pop up says 'cannot initialise device' and only have 'ok' as a choice then back to nothing. please help.

Are you using Kies 3? Have you double checked your S/N?

AiLing Tung

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site

I have done all the step and now asking me follow steps proceed with emergency recovery. Ask me to remove battery those step and switch the phone. There have a "start upgrade" button but unable to click. Pls help : (

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site

I have done all the step and now asking me follow steps proceed with emergency recovery. Ask me to remove battery those step and switch the phone. There have a "start upgrade" button but unable to click. Pls help : (

hey right i suggest shut down your pc the turn it back on then follow the steps here this is a tutorial :)
hope this helps
Using Kies Software Recovery Tool - YouTube

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hohenheimofdarkness