Are early upgrades still possible on Verizon?

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
So you're suggesting that I pay extra for a data plan that I don't want or need so I can save money on a plan to pay retail on a phone that I can purchase for a hundred dollars cash? THAT would be lame. Thanks for the poor advice and the insult.

Posted via Android Central App

Man people take things personal here. So my question to you is how much are you paying now, and how many gigs do you use a month?

Big Red Note 3

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
If you know so much about the verizon customer agreement, you would know that upgrade dates are NOT in that agreement. That is how Verizon got away with moving upgrade dates mid-contract from 20 months to 24 months. So you are just spouting nonsense when you go off like you are.

I didn't spot off. I said retention isn't the first thing he should go for. I gave other avenues he could use first. People get upset when they hear things the don't want to.

Big Red Note 3

SmithlandCart

Banned
Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I didn't spot off. I said retention isn't the first thing he should go for. I gave other avenues he could use first. People get upset when they hear things the don't want to.
People get upset when other people claim they know what they are talking about when they don't and give out falsehoods as if they are facts.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
People get upset when other people claim they know what they are talking about when they don't and give out falsehoods as if they are facts.

None of what I said was false, and everything I said was fact. Just like nothing you said was false either. My issue was immediately pointing someone to retention.

Big Red Note 3

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
On ignore, you go I have had enough of your nonsense. If you want to be a verizon apologist, be one. But I won't be reading your drivel.

Just asked where I said that, because I read back and couldn't find it. You are relentlessly attacking me and I am responding, and the only thing you pointed that I was wrong about I can't see that I said. If I said that I will admit I was wrong.

Because you don't agree with me I am wrong and don't know what I am talking about. Typical response. I even said nothing you said was false. I just said I didn't like that the first response was go talk to retention when there are other avenues you can go through without even getting to that point.

Secondly if the OP gave me basic information on how many GB he uses I may be able to show him how Edge would either work or not work for him. It doesn't work for everyone. I gave him one example of a benefit of Edge got upset.

Lastly I love how if I am not a "go threaten Verizon to get your way" person I am a Verizon apologist. Lots of things I don't agree with including the changing of upgrade dates from 20 to 24 months. You seem to have gotten very upset over a basic disagreement.

Big Red Note 3

Signtist

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Man people take things personal here. So my question to you is how much are you paying now, and how many gigs do you use a month?

Big Red Note 3

Thank you for your interest in my post. After careful consideration and reviewing the facts (and falsehoods) I have decided to try calling the retention department tomorrow. Everything SmithlandCart said makes sense to me.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I always have been able to get an early upgrade. But I chose to go with Edge this time. It has great perks and I won't pay full retail. You can switch within paying 50% off on the phone. I.like being able to upgrade more. Also no 30.00 upgrade fee and 10.00 off a month up to 10 gig and over 10 gig data accounts get 20.00 a month off the bill.

Signtist

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Just asked where I said that, because I read back and couldn't find it. You are relentlessly attacking me and I am responding, and the only thing you pointed that I was wrong about I can't see that I said. If I said that I will admit I was wrong.

Because you don't agree with me I am wrong and don't know what I am talking about. Typical response. I even said nothing you said was false. I just said I didn't like that the first response was go talk to retention when there are other avenues you can go through without even getting to that point.

Secondly if the OP gave me basic information on how many GB he uses I may be able to show him how Edge would either work or not work for him. It doesn't work for everyone. I gave him one example of a benefit of Edge got upset.

Lastly I love how if I am not a "go threaten Verizon to get your way" person I am a Verizon apologist. Lots of things I don't agree with including the changing of upgrade dates from 20 to 24 months. You seem to have gotten very upset over a basic disagreement.

Big Red Note 3

Thank you but I do not need anyone showing me how Edge may or may not work for me. My question was answered by SmithlandCart. Your desire to educate me is appreciated but not necessary. I did my research.

shastrich2005

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
They will do an early upgrade. I found out it all depends on the manager you talk to. I just keep calling until I get the answer I want. I just got a 4 month early upgrade PLUS they let me use a tablet line to upgrade the phone. The manager flat out told me it's the managers discretion to approve it or not. Keep calling!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Okay guys no need to argue about this.

OP I'd try just calling customer service and talking to them.. Or talking to a manager if possible to say something basically like look I like you guys.. I want to stay.. Can we work something out since I'm so close to my contract end date? They may work with you.. They may not. Doesn't hurt to try :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

SmithlandCart

Banned
Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
OP I'd try just calling customer service and talking to them.. Or talking to a manager if possible to say something basically like look I like you guys.. I want to stay.. Can we work something out since I'm so close to my contract end date? They may work with you.. They may not. Doesn't hurt to try :).
Hello? Did you even read the OP's post? He DID all of that all ready and was told NO. That is why he posted here. He is not some dunce who didn't think to call or ask a manager. He did that already.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I am waiting for my contract to end so I can get a Note 3. I have less than a month to go and Verizon won't cut me a break on the time. They want me to buy it using the Edge plan. No way I am going to pay 700 bucks for it. A local store has core phones (returned) for 100 bucks but the soonest I can get one is 7 days before my contract date. Has anyone experienced any break on the contract time? I get different answers every time I talk to Verizon. I spoke to a rep from the web page who told me the store managers have the option of renewing early. The store manager tells me it is not true and the web people can do it. Anyone have any luck upgrading early without using the Edge plan?

You do realize you're going to pay that 700 bucks one way or another right?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

SmithlandCart

Banned
Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Thank you but I do not need anyone showing me how Edge may or may not work for me. My question was answered by SmithlandCart. Your desire to educate me is appreciated but not necessary. I did my research.
I have that poster on ignore so I don't see his responses unless someone else quotes him. All I have to say is if he doesn't work for Verizon now, perhaps he worked for them in the past or works for one of the big box stores selling phones or something like that. His posts read like a Verizon commercial for Edge.

SmithlandCart

Banned
Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
You do realize you're going to pay that 700 bucks one way or another right?
but if you are already paying for it in your monthly wireless service fee and then pay full price for a phone, you are paying for it twice! We know the subsidy is built into the price of our wireless services. So then if we don't get the subsidy and pay full price, we pay $1400 for a $700 phone.