When are we going to get them? Samsung pre orders.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I apologize if this has been discussed but I don't know how to search within a topic. I have Xfinity mobile and upon trying to port over my number from my old phone to S24U, I got an invalid IMEI message. So, I called Xfinity and they weren't able to port over the number either. The rep checked with their "back office" and was told that Samsung is not permitting any activation of Samsung devices until the 31st. So, I guess it doesn't matter how quickly Xfinity customer get their phones if they can't be activated early.

frank-barnett

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Thats fine. Its just 1 day difference. Mine is 2 weeks waiting. I was supposed to get it on the 24th but its been changed to 9th February
It’s a day for right now - I am expecting it to go back further simply because. I’ve got violet ultra 512- what did you order? Wondering if there are differences in color & storage combos.

Reactions: MarVaRa

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
The only real glitch I can across was in some of my notification sounds and ringtones.

While everything I had carried over, it even set my custom sounds for me, some things just didn't make sounds - phones calls were silent, and my alarm didn't sound. But texts, emails and general notifications made their expected noises.

I checked out the call ringtone first. While it was set to my expected sound file, when I tapped on it, it said the format was unsupported. Which was weird considering all those same files play fine on the S20 FE running One UI 5.1/Android 13.

I looked it up and it turns out all my non-working sound files were WMA files. The format that Samsung apparently stopped supporting a couple of OS versions back. Why they work on the old S20 FE, I don't know. Maybe support carried over from the initial OS on that phone - Android 10. I never did a reset on it. All OS updates were in-place. Maybe existing support carried over? I don't know.

But I did have to copy those files off to my PC, convert them to mp3, copy them back, and reset the sounds for the various actions.
Oh wow I have several text tones partial songs I made and they used to work and on the past couple phones they quit working and it says not supported. So where do I find them to transfer to my PC and how do I convert them? Not sure what file format they are. Mine stopped working on my 21 maybe 22.

kide#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Mine was pushed to February 21st as estimated delivery date, but today the order status changed to "Processing" and the trade-in date was set to February 12th. The delivery date didn't change. Weird.

Last edited:

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Oh wow I have several text tones partial songs I made and they used to work and on the past couple phones they quit working and it says not supported. So where do I find them to transfer to my PC and how do I convert them? Not sure what file format they are. Mine stopped working on my 21 maybe 22.
If you connect your phone to a PC and browse the internal memory, there are folders for "Ringtones", ”Alarms" and "Notifications". You will see the file types at the end of the filename - unless your PC is still set to the default of not showing extensions.

WMA format is what Samsung stopped supporting. For example, the alarm sound I used was "alarm_sunrise.wma".

I have an audio file editing program, Adobe Audition, that I use for more complex work of recording my old vinyl records to my computer and cleaning them up. Used to be for my own CDs to play in the car. Now to put on my phone to play over Bluetooth. I used that program to convert them from WMA to MP3 format.

But there are simpler audio format converters out there.

Reactions: Rose4uKY

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Mine looks delayed again
Was due on 24th Jan
Then they made it 30th Jan
Today I called samsung care, but they have no clue
And samsung experience store is openly selling the phones from their stores to walk in customers
I ordered orange 512
Never experience this kind of delay from samsung
It's frustrating
Pre booking customers have to wait
Where walk ins are getting the orange color I ordered

Reactions: MarVaRa

kide#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
All those order delays estimates are wrong. I just saw a label created in UPS app for tomorrow delivery. Samsung still shows February 21st.
Too bad I will be at work. Now need to figure out how to manage this delivery.

frank-barnett

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
so I read that Samsung reported outstanding #'s for pre order- which is probably why some of us are seeing delays. My status still says the phone is going to be delivered Feb 1, which I find hard to believe if there is no movement and I can seemingly still cancel the order.

kide#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
so I read that Samsung reported outstanding #'s for pre order- which is probably why some of us are seeing delays. My status still says the phone is going to be delivered Feb 1, which I find hard to believe if there is no movement and I can seemingly still cancel the order.
Mine is shipped and I still have the Cancel button. What will happen if I will cancel now? LOL

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I ordered at 5pm on the 17th and didn’t even think of checking until I started to dig into this thread- then I check every so often, and like you- no movement. And it is supposed to be delivered on the 31st- which would mean things would have to move exceeding fast relatively speaking for it to get to me then.

I guess I have resigned myself to not getting ‘early’ on the 31st and I guess it probably will be late. I was actually cleaning up my note 20 ultra for trade in, and fell in love with he device compared to the ultra 23 which I was not trading in. Kinda would almost like to trade that in instead.

The 20 ultra was so nice and tall and thin and light comparatively speaking.
I understand. I like my Note 20U more than my S22U even with the age difference. My Note actually is more responsive than the s22U, so I kept the Note & traded in the S22U.
:)

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like emotional attachment. I get that too!
😀 There's definitely an emotional attachment.

My S22U struggles with signal issues & the screen is sometimes unresponsive. It seems like I'm either running around trying to get a better signal to send a text message or continually poking the screen like I'm playing 'whack a mole'.

So the Note20U is a better backup phone choice.
😄

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
There's definitely an emotional attachment.

My S22U struggles with signal issues & the screen is sometimes unresponsive. It seems like I'm either running around trying to get a better signal to send a text message or continually poking the screen like I'm playing 'whack a mole'.

So the Note20U is a better backup phone choice.
Believe it or not, I'm feeling that now with my S22U that I have to send back. Especially that it's served me well. The emotional attachment to things is strong here with me, lol.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
If you connect your phone to a PC and browse the internal memory, there are folders for "Ringtones", ”Alarms" and "Notifications". You will see the file types at the end of the filename - unless your PC is still set to the default of not showing extensions.

WMA format is what Samsung stopped supporting. For example, the alarm sound I used was "alarm_sunrise.wma".

I have an audio file editing program, Adobe Audition, that I use for more complex work of recording my old vinyl records to my computer and cleaning them up. Used to be for my own CDs to play in the car. Now to put on my phone to play over Bluetooth. I used that program to convert them from WMA to MP3 format.

But there are simpler audio format converters out there.
I went from S10+ to S21U, skipping the S20 series. I thought that the WMA support ended with the S21 series. lord knows it doesn't matter at this stage. I had to go grab VLC to access my media. (1st world problem)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000