Battery Drain SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Bad

Obsolete01

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello all, First time poster and i really need help please.

I bought a Note 3 two weeks ago and the battery drain is so bad. I am lucky to get 8 hours out of the battery. Can anyone please help me - I have attached a screen shot below.

tempFileForShare.jpg

HothTron

Banned
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
If you installed Kit Kat, that'd your problem, it's having major issues with battery and Wifi

k8ZPLY4.jpg

jim_h#AC

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Try disabling or removing whatever that music download app is (second on list). Once it's removed or disabled, reboot your phone, recharge to full power and monitor again. It looks to me like that app is the culprit.

jim_h#AC

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
You need to leave it a while, preferably a full battery discharge/charge cycle to get any meaningful figures from your monitoring app.

Obsolete01

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
You need to leave it a while, preferably a full battery discharge/charge cycle to get any meaningful figures from your monitoring app.

Ah ok, well since i delted that app anyways it even seems to be charging faster....it was a handy app to have tho :'( as you could download all MP3....any suggestions for a new one :)

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
When people download apps, only keep the ones that you absolutely have to have running and/or syncing. All others should be manual refreshed. When you have many apps consistently polling for new content, it will kill your battery.

Case in point:

Gmail/Email set to sync when new mail arrives
Music app open syncing to cloud
Facebook/Twitter polling for new content every 15 minutes
Tapatalk/forums apps consistently polling for new content (replies to new replies etc.)
Apps to auto update
Pinterest/instagram consistently polling for posts and new content

These are just a few things that will kill your battery if left at those settings. Remember, the more you have open and syncing the harder your phone works.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
It looks like you downloaded a bunch of songs on to your phone. Downloading is just as much a battery drain as using the screen, if not more as I've noticed when downloading big HD games (1GB+) from the playstore. Try using it normally (without much downloads) and see how the battery performs, if it seems normal then you know it's your downloads(or uploads) that's causing the battery drain, which is fine, you can still keep downloading but just be prepared to charge it later on or even leave it on charge preferably while your downloads are active.

FartguysDotCom

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Had same issues.. Battery life!.. Bought a Zerolemon extended-life battery.. $39..adds thickness and weight, but the tradeoff is amazing... Three (3!!) days without having to charge.. Running video apps, audio apps, and brightness level way up still can't kill it... Best 39 bucks I've EVER spent on an accessory for ANYTHING!

FARTGUYS. COM.... Funny!!

jim_h#AC

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Gator352.

You've got to be careful as many apps (and games!) install a service in addition to the app itself. Typically, a service will run constantly in the background (possibly in a passive mode, but not necessarily) and often consume 'some' resource in the context of CPU cycles and battery power. Some will even use third party services (bluetooth, GPS etc., which will increase the resourcs needed). Some, like email apps may only initialise once every so many hours in order to check for email. Others, like live wallpapers will be running 24/7. Granted all these apps may be coded extremely well and only use a tiny fraction of your resources. At the same time, they may be memory hogs too ;) Plus, if you've got 10 apps and widgets running, each of which uses a paltry 1% of your CPU, that's still 10% in constant use that you won't have available for other things. Not to mention the amount of battery power those 10 will use in aggragate. Yes, individually they may look ok in your battery stats graph, but you also need to consider their total usage and whether the service they provide you is worth the loss in power?

I never use homescreen widgets these days. I know it looks great to have lots of them displaying snippets of vital info, but the trade-off (for me personally) is that I'd rather have more CPU and longer battery life. If I need to know who's posted a reply to me here, I'll quickly log on and look. It takes up a few seconds of extra resources to do it as opposed to having some app running with push notifications or polling forums every 15 minutes for those all important replies. It's not important to have this info so frequently, so I don't use an app to keep me informed.

Of course, I'm sure a lot of you will stick to using a ton of widgets and background services, which may indeed work well for you. Each to their own :)

tahnir

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone tell me what the normal battery consumption on the Note 3 device is? So if I loose about 2 % in ten minutes browsing with the auto brightness enabled is that considered much? Oh and I'm also running KitKat. Cheers guys!

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone tell me what the normal battery consumption on the Note 3 device is? So if I loose about 2 % in ten minutes browsing with the auto brightness enabled is that considered much? Oh and I'm also running KitKat. Cheers guys!

It sounds about normal. I find my battery drains about 1% per 5 mins in max auto brightness which would equate to about 8 hours of screen time from a full charge, which overall I think is really good for such a big screen.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
When on chrome battery drops every 3 Mins by 1%..but on apps it's normally about 1% every 5 Mins. I'm happy with my battery life but I never get 6 hours screen time it's normally between 4-5..i always have auto brightness on +5