I've got an HTC One (M8), you have questions. Fire away.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: I've got an M8, you have questions. Fire away.

Is it prone to scuff and dents specially on the corners like the M7 was, or it won't need a cover? (though I totally love the Dot cover)

ncguy

May 23, 2010
Visit site

The lack of Qi is a deal breaker for me. Do you suppose its a fallout from having the rounded (metal) back? If so, give me a flat (plastic) back.

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site

The lack of Qi is a deal breaker for me. Do you suppose its a fallout from having the rounded (metal) back? If so, give me a flat (plastic) back.

The DNA is a rounded back with QI charging built in. The phones don't have to be flat.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Can notifications finally be heard via bluetooth? Had this feature on every phone since I've used bluetooth headphones including 4s, S3, S4 and N5. Only the M7 lacked this feature.

wheezy77

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

Sorry if asked already... have an iPhone 4s and shiny new M8. I want to use Sync Manager, but can not confirm the M8 is supported yet.

Can anybody confirm?

Grokr

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site

OK, lots of questions about the developer edition...

What are the advantages of an unlocked boot loader that the developer edition has?

Can the boot loader on the AT&T version be unlocked?

Is it easier to root and install custom rooms on the developer edition?

On the device webpage it said:
Special note about the unlocked bootloader: With an unlocked bootloader, some content and special offers on your device may also be invalidated and cannot be accessed anymore because of invalid DRM security keys. This includes the Google Drive storage offer and content that you may have purchased through a 3rd party vendor and through HTC.

One guy mentioned "in the case of Sony, it can also cause physical functions of the device to not work. For instance, with the Z Ultra (retail or GPE), if you unlock the bootloader and erase those DRM keys, the X Reality function doesn't work, and I think it may also affect some of the sound processing. I'm not saying this will happen on the M8 if you unlock the bootloader, but it's possible".

Is that really an issue with the M8 DE?

With the ATT version I would pay extra for tethering, I think, or is it included with the plan?

With the developer edition would I be able to tether and would I need to pay AT&T any fee for that?

Does the DE support lte on Tmobile if I ever want to switch carriers?

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

Are there still options in the settings to change the multitasking button to menu, double tap on home for multitasking, etc... and does this actually change the multitasking button icon since it's all onscreen now?

hdradaza

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

Is the M8 camera good enough as an everyday camera? I dont have time to mess with settings or mode. I just want to flip it out and click and put back in pocket. Kids pics and vacation or weekend outings. Maybe do post editing to a few. Then upload to PC. Will the M8 be sufficient for what i need?

Also, can the zoe finished movies be downloaded or saved into common video files (mp4? Etc) so it can play on pc and save to pc hardrive for future use?

Posted via Android Central App

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

Is the M8 camera good enough as an everyday camera? I dont have time to mess with settings or mode. I just want to flip it out and click and put back in pocket. Kids pics and vacation or weekend outings. Maybe do post editing to a few. Then upload to PC. Will the M8 be sufficient for what i need?

Also, can the zoe finished movies be downloaded or saved into common video files (mp4? Etc) so it can play on pc and save to pc hardrive for future use?

Posted via Android Central App

I won't get my M8 until tomorrow but I can tell you that the zoe files on the M7 are saved as mp4 so the M8 should do the same.

Ice

adamspt2

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

OK, so maybe not the best thread for this and no hurt feelings if this isn't responded to.

I have a Nexus 5. Really like it but now that T-Mobile does 0 down and a monthly add-on, I've been thinking about picking up either the Galaxy 5 or the M8. Reasons primarily being wanting a new toy :) But if I had to say what I would like it would be a better overall camera and longer lasting battery. Any reason to pick up one or the other? Or just wait till the next Nexus comes out?

Andrew Wagner

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

How well does the M8 handle in the Extreme Battery Saver Mode? Also, does the battery drain fast on 4G? I always felt that the M7 drained way too fast on 4.3/4.4.2 when using 4G.

Geo Rule

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

So I picked up the Verizon one about 30 mins after it became available yesterday afternoon. Lovin' it so far.

Any idea why when I look at the Power applet in the Settings I don't see the options for Power saver and Extreme power saving mode that I've seen screenshots of in the reviews? Is it hiding somewhere else? Do I somehow have an older version of the software (maybe the lead time to get boxed units to Verizon stores)?

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

So I picked up the Verizon one about 30 mins after it became available yesterday afternoon. Lovin' it so far.

Any idea why when I look at the Power applet in the Settings I don't see the options for Power saver and Extreme power saving mode that I've seen screenshots of in the reviews? Is it hiding somewhere else? Do I somehow have an older version of the software (maybe the lead time to get boxed units to Verizon stores)?

Apparently the extreme power saver mode is awaiting carrier approval for US models and will arrive via a software update. Presumably since it disables so much in the interests of power saving.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

At the launch they said Extreme Power Saver is "coming soon". Power Saver should be there though (it is in my T-Mo M8).

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

How bright and visible is the Notification LED? Is green still the default color for notifications on the M8? The one on the M7 is in the speaker grill and is impossible (especially the green color) to see in daylight or basically in any condition other than pitch darkness.

Also, can you change what apps appear and what features get disabled in the Extreme Power Saving Mode?

Thank you guys again.