I've got an HTC One (M8), you have questions. Fire away.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: I've got an M8, you have questions. Fire away.

I don't use my camera phone to print large pictures. I do however have a lot of my pics printed in the 5x7 format. Will the pics still look clear at that size?

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

zoetrope

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Does anyone know if the HTC One (M8) Dot View case is functional with the GPE edition? I'm going to guess the answer is "no" and that the Dot View functionality depends on Sense. But I thought I'd ask.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

I don't use my camera phone to print large pictures. I do however have a lot of my pics printed in the 5x7 format. Will the pics still look clear at that size?

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

It should look fine but other competitors cameras will look better! The choice is yours.

Martin Bla

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

Hey so i would like to buy the One here in America because I'm here for a full year. But can I use it in Germany too when I go back?

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

Hey so i would like to buy the One here in America because I'm here for a full year. But can I use it in Germany too when I go back?
If you buy the Unlocked version (full price) of the One, you will be able to use it when you return to Germany. If you buy it on contract from one of the carriers (for the discounted $200 price), carriers usually refuse to unlock your phone till you fulfill your 2-year contract.

Does anyone know if the HTC One (M8) Dot View case is functional with the GPE edition? I'm going to guess the answer is "no" and that the Dot View functionality depends on Sense. But I thought I'd ask.
I don't think this was talked about in the announcement or afterwards, but I'm guessing it will work even with GPE editions. HTC did open up a lot of the camera APIs and all and they work with the GPE version, so it might be the same case with the dot case.

Runnin_it

May 13, 2010
Visit site

Phil, I noticed in the unboxing (yep, I'm that guy) there was a case to protect the back in the box...is this included with the US versions of the phone also?

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

Phil, I noticed in the unboxing (yep, I'm that guy) there was a case to protect the back in the box...is this included with the US versions of the phone also?

I'm not Phil, but the answer is no, the US versions do not get the case included.

Geo Rule

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

At the launch they said Extreme Power Saver is "coming soon". Power Saver should be there though (it is in my T-Mo M8).

And yet. :) Mine goes right from the big battery to "Usage" and "History" with no Power Saver item above Usage. I've seen some screenies from reviews, so I'm pretty sure I'm in the right place.

lightyear420

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Why is it whenever an HTC flagship launches AC posts several pages of reviews, news, and other BS nobody but HTC fanboys care about? We didn't even see this sort of fanfare for the S5, as usual. Honestly, I know Phil hates getting the old "HTC paid AC again" comments, but this is the 4th flagship in a row that has gotten probably double the publicity of any other flagship, and this is exactly why people say this.

So....who is the big HTC fanboy pulling the strings behind the scenes? Is it Phil? I know his knees buckle every time he gets a new HTC in his hands.

Also, in case anyone was wondering....THIS is why Android Police has so many more faithful users and gets much more publicity. They aren't biased towards the one OEM that has caused more issues and added more bloatware and contributed more to delayed updates than any other, historically.

Now please find another device to talk about, already!! This was already reported to death before the announcement, and now it's just a reiteration of all the same stuff we already knew and didn't care about.

Brice Berry

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
What's better? HTC M8 or Samsung GS5. I've got an upgrade in October and I need to know. The GS3 I have is the longest phone I've ever kept on a 2yr contract. Any other flagships on the way between now and then?

Al Bowering

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I've read the whole thread to make sure this hasn't been asked yet. Does it support USB OTG? I use this feature daily and any phone that does not support this is a deal breaker for me. Thanks.

ncguy

May 23, 2010
Visit site

Why is it whenever an HTC flagship launches AC posts several pages of reviews, news, and other BS nobody but HTC fanboys care about? We didn't even see this sort of fanfare for the S5, as usual. Honestly, I know Phil hates getting the old "HTC paid AC again" comments, but this is the 4th flagship in a row that has gotten probably double the publicity of any other flagship, and this is exactly why people say this.

So....who is the big HTC fanboy pulling the strings behind the scenes? Is it Phil? I know his knees buckle every time he gets a new HTC in his hands.

Also, in case anyone was wondering....THIS is why Android Police has so many more faithful users and gets much more publicity. They aren't biased towards the one OEM that has caused more issues and added more bloatware and contributed more to delayed updates than any other, historically.

Now please find another device to talk about, already!! This was already reported to death before the announcement, and now it's just a reiteration of all the same stuff we already knew and didn't care about.

Why is this so personal? Why do you care? Do you have a stake in the fairness here or are you actually trying to yourself personally promote something? I can't imagine why someone would actually keep score?

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

^ This reminds me why I don't come to phone forums other than once every two years when I am shopping. This "phone wars" game that people play is just sad. I'm trying to learn about my options and I have to be weary of people camped out, trying to discredit a phone because they feel some allegiance to their chosen phone maker. If you want to fight for something, try fighting for cancer awareness, animal welfare, anything but this....

Geo Rule

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
What's better? HTC M8 or Samsung GS5. I've got an upgrade in October and I need to know. The GS3 I have is the longest phone I've ever kept on a 2yr contract. Any other flagships on the way between now and then?

I gave a long hard thought to waiting for the LG G3 which is rumored for June before making a decision between M8, GS5, or G3. The rumors for the G3 are tantalizing (QHD, 5.5") --but then the rumors always are tantalizing a couple months out --remember when the GS5 was going to be QHD on most rumor sites? But I cracked when I watched the live announcement and found out I could motor over to my local Verizon store and have an M8 immediately. It is a sexy beast.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

^ This reminds me why I don't come to phone forums other than once every two years when I am shopping. This "phone wars" game that people play is just sad. I'm trying to learn about my options and I have to be weary of people camped out, trying to discredit a phone because they feel some allegiance to their chosen phone maker. If you want to fight for something, try fighting for cancer awareness, animal welfare, anything but this....

Fight for this country!

roflwaffleton

May 19, 2012
Visit site

What? The HTC One launched yesterday is available for purchase. The Galaxy S5 has not. There are things called embargoes which prevent sites such as these from disclosing certain information until a certain date.

I, for one, welcome the HTC One coverage that I'm seeing here just as I'm sure I'll enjoy the S5 coverage once that device has launched. Just wait a couple of weeks. :)

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

And yet. :) Mine goes right from the big battery to "Usage" and "History" with no Power Saver item above Usage. I've seen some screenies from reviews, so I'm pretty sure I'm in the right place.

Seems like Verizon is doing some wacky mods to their phones - no Power Saver, no stock browser, no FM Radio - no clue why that is, maybe in order to fit all their bloatware? :p

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I had many of these same complaints during the last One/S4 cycle and took heat for it. Our hosts fell in love with the One and openly rooted for the underdog.

HOWEVER, I notice a distinct difference this cycle both from Phil and the mods and they are MUCH more even handed. Just read Phil's initial impressions of the S5 and you'll see what I'm talking about.

As was pointed out, when the S4 embargo is lifted(any day) this place will have plenty of S5 fanfare and the HTC fans will crash the S5 boards.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
no3rdseat