Battery drain from Sense 6?

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering if others are having the same issue.

I seem to be running out of juice far earlier in the day than prior to this latest update...

wezzyd

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Can't say for definate as its been only a day but mine seems the same. I always factory reset after an update to start fresh. Backup first of course

Posted via Android Central App

tashauphill

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Ive had a bad battery drain for months , i unistalled apps , i did resets , i looked for wake locks and nothing worked .Recently cleared cache and nothing either.Then someone told me try going a day without using the battery saver option .I did and my battery lasts allot lot longer .I still have low brightness ect but maybe there is a bug with the battery saver .He also said to always charge with battery saver off .

Posted via Android Central App

Vyp3rX

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Yup, I was having the same problem. Together with insane (in the) battery drain, my phone was laggy, uncomfortably hot and apps would crash every few minutes. My battery lasted like 5 hours today with barely any usage. Before Sense 6, I was getting through the whole day, from about 11am until 10pm with a lot more usage. I've just done a factory reset. Will see if it help at all.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with battery drain with Sense 6, but I did notice that Google Now does drain my battery really fast in my HTC one. To solve that issue, I turned off Google Now and I now get very good battery life.

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed this the past few days now. I'm finding I have to plugin earlier in the day. Before I'd get to around 2pm before I started charging (got to around 40%). Now I'm charging around noon. Not a good sign since it means I'm charging 3 times a day now.

Grizzly_Atoms

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I posted in another thread, but add me to the list of people with insane battery drain. I've had my phone more than a year with no battery issues. After Sense 6 my phone is draining 10-20% an hour. I have not downloaded anything new since the update, so the issue is there somewhere. This is very frustrating.

Vyp3rX

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Yup, I was having the same problem. Together with insane (in the) battery drain, my phone was laggy, uncomfortably hot and apps would crash every few minutes. My battery lasted like 5 hours today with barely any usage. Before Sense 6, I was getting through the whole day, from about 11am until 10pm with a lot more usage. I've just done a factory reset. Will see if it help at all.

Here's an update: After the reset, phone is now back to normal. Last me almost an entire day. Just a note, I disable a lot of apps, basically anything to do with social media, location service and some default programs like music.

mikeoc

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Battery seems slightly better for me on Sense 6. Been off the charger for 10hrs and have 80% remaining after light use. would be down to around 60-65% by now on 5.5

monderwa

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue, I think. I was running Android 4.4.2 with HTC Sense 5 and got an update for Sense 6. After that, I had to charge my battery twice as often. After some experimentation I turned off 'fast boot' and restarted the phone. Right after that I got an update to Android 4.4.3 and my battery worked normally again.

Right after the Sense 6 install I manually checked for software updates, but the circular thingy never stopped. It seemed to me that the check for updates was not working, at the time. In hindsight, maybe the check for updates was continually running in the background causing the battery drain, and disabling 'fast boot' fixed the update check process. My guess is that the update to Android 4.4.3 had nothing to do with the improved battery life time.

Hope this helps!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky